What are some good resources for learning about nuclear physics?

In summary: www.nndc.bnl.gov is a website for all nuclear physics related data, it has all data sheet, evaluated/unevaluated, it has all deacy schemes, icc calculated tables , etc etc etc.
pacunter98
Hey, sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, I'm new here

I'm in high school and have read several books on nuclear physics, and have become very intrigued by it. I am wondering were to start in terms of good learning resources for physics and nuclear physics, and how to go about learning, besides reading books.

Thanks, and again, I am sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.

Physics news on Phys.org
www.nndc.bnl.gov is a website for all nuclear physics related data, it has all data sheet, evaluated/unevaluated, it has all deacy schemes, icc calculated tables , etc etc
loads of stuff for nuclear physicists

pacunter98 said:
Hey, sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, I'm new here

I'm in high school and have read several books on nuclear physics, and have become very intrigued by it. I am wondering were to start in terms of good learning resources for physics and nuclear physics, and how to go about learning, besides reading books.

Thanks, and again, I am sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.
Text books and journal articles are the primary sources for learning physics (and the requisite mathematics) and nuclear physics. Otherwise, learning and applying the theory, and then applying the theory to solve problems is the way to learn physics, aside from actual doing experiments and analyzing the results.

MIT has some Physics courses on-line and there is Hyperphysics which gives one a broad overview of physics and the specialty areas. PF has the Math & Science Learning Materials forums.

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/hframe.html

Many other universities have online websites about their research and specific courses.

The DOE and NASA also have website with pages on various specific areas of research. Similar, various other national and international laboratories have webpages on their research.

Related to What are some good resources for learning about nuclear physics?

1. What is nuclear physics?

Nuclear physics is a branch of physics that studies the structure and behavior of atomic nuclei and the particles that make up the nucleus, such as protons and neutrons. It also examines the processes of nuclear reactions and the properties of nuclear matter.

2. What are the main resources used in nuclear physics research?

The main resources used in nuclear physics research include particle accelerators, nuclear reactors, and radioactive sources. These resources allow scientists to study nuclear reactions and properties of nuclei in controlled environments and gather data for further analysis.

3. How is nuclear physics research beneficial to society?

Nuclear physics research has many practical applications in areas such as energy production, medical imaging and treatment, and materials science. It also helps us better understand the fundamental laws of nature and the origins of the universe.

4. What are some challenges in obtaining and handling nuclear resources?

One of the main challenges in obtaining and handling nuclear resources is ensuring safety measures are in place to prevent radiation exposure to researchers and the environment. Another challenge is the cost associated with maintaining and operating these resources, as well as safely disposing of radioactive waste.

5. How can the general public learn more about nuclear physics and its resources?

The general public can learn more about nuclear physics and its resources through educational programs, public lectures, and online resources provided by universities, research institutions, and government agencies. It is important for individuals to seek out reliable and accurate information from credible sources to better understand the complexities of nuclear physics.