What are some good books on electricity and Magnetism

In summary, it is suggested to perform a forum search for books on electricity and magnetism in the Science and Maths Textbooks section. Some recommended books are Sommerfeld Lectures Vol. 3+4, Jackson, Schwinger, and Griffiths. For undergrads, Griffiths is highly recommended. As for using it for entrance exam preparations, it would depend on the specific exam being taken.
Hawkingo
Can someone please suggest some good books on electricity and Magnetism for graduation in physics?
Thanks for helping:smile:

Physics news on Phys.org
I would suggest that you should perform a forum search in the Science and Maths Textbooks section. Books on electromagnetism have been discussed quite a lot of times. You should have a look at the threads that have already been posted.

Sommerfeld Lectures Vol. 3+4
Jackson
Schwinger
Griffiths

vanhees71 said:
Sommerfeld Lectures Vol. 3+4
Jackson
Schwinger
Griffiths
Can you say what would be best above these from U. G students

For undergrads, it's Griffiths.

vanhees71 said:
For undergrads, it's Griffiths.
Thanks
Can I also use it for my entance exam preparations?

Hawkingo said:
Can I also use it for my entance exam preparations?
Entrance to what?

Related to What are some good books on electricity and Magnetism

1. What are some good books on electricity and magnetism for beginners?

For beginners, "Electricity and Magnetism" by Edward M. Purcell is a great introductory book. "Electricity and Magnetism for Scientists and Engineers" by Paul M. Fishbane, Stephen Gasiorowicz, and Stephen T. Thornton is also a highly recommended option.

2. Are there any books that cover both electricity and magnetism in one text?

Yes, "Introduction to Electrodynamics" by David J. Griffiths is a popular choice for covering both topics in one comprehensive text. "Electricity and Magnetism" by Edward M. Purcell also covers both electricity and magnetism in one book.

3. Are there any books that focus specifically on magnetism?

Yes, "Magnetism: A Very Short Introduction" by Stephen J. Blundell is a great option for those looking for a concise and accessible book on magnetism. "Magnetism: Basics and Applications" by Hans J. Schneider-Muntau is also a highly recommended text.

4. Are there any books that cover advanced topics in electricity and magnetism?

For advanced readers, "Classical Electrodynamics" by John David Jackson is a classic text that covers advanced topics in electricity and magnetism. "Electricity and Magnetism" by Benjamin Crowell is also a highly recommended option for advanced readers.

5. Are there any books that include practical applications of electricity and magnetism?

Yes, "Electricity and Magnetism: An Introduction to the Theory of Electric and Magnetic Fields" by Oleg D. Jefimenko includes practical applications and experiments to help readers understand the concepts. "Electricity and Magnetism" by Benjamin Crowell also includes real-world examples and applications.