What after software engineering?

In summary, the individual is interested in graphic design, and is looking for a proper masters course in the same.
blith3
I'll just be graduating with my IT (software) -Engineering degree.
Instead of the complete coding work I was thinking about doing masters in some art field in relation to my degree as I love it.
So can anyone please suggest me some field in the same category?

Physics news on Phys.org
blith3 said:
I'll just be graduating with my IT (software) -Engineering degree.
Instead of the complete coding work I was thinking about doing masters in some art field in relation to my degree as I love it.
So can anyone please suggest me some field in the same category?
Human Computer Interaction, which is the study of how people interact with computers. The field focuses a lot on user interfaces, so there's room for creativity.

More options include the types of courses offered at art schools:
Digital Animation
Digital and Media Arts
Web design

Wanna be more specific about what you're interested in?

story645 said:
Human Computer Interaction, which is the study of how people interact with computers. The field focuses a lot on user interfaces, so there's room for creativity.

It's soooo 20th century. The future is Brain-computer interaction.

story645 said:

Digital Animation
Digital and Media Arts
Web design

Well I'm more like interested in graphics designing kind of work. With more working with those tools.

hamster143 said:

Is this human/brain -computer interaction a masters course after IT-Engineering?

hamster143 said:
Is this a masters course after IT-engineering?

story645 said:

Digital Animation
Digital and Media Arts
Web design

I'm more interested in working for and on the tools used in graphic designing work and I'm looking for a proper masters course for the same.

blith3 said:
Is this a masters course after IT-engineering?
He was just making a joke 'cause there's a lot of research on interfacing with a computer through brain waves.

I'm more interested in working for and on the tools used in graphic designing work and I'm looking for a proper masters course for the same
throw Digital Media/Web Design into google and see what pops up
Computer Graphics is also offered as a masters at a few schools.
You may have to dig around a bit, 'cause the stuff you want may be covered under a course with a seemingly unrelated name.

The best option would be to get a job at an IT / Software company and hone your skills in your field of studies, b) Plan for higher education (such as, MS in Computers, MBA (IT), Patent Engineering etc.) and c) Start your own business.

If you wish to know about the studies in the field of Patent Engineering and how it will benefit you, you can visit the website GiipInfo.com and gather all IP Career related information.

Related to What after software engineering?

1. What career options are available after software engineering?

After software engineering, there are a variety of career options available. Some common options include becoming a software developer, software engineer, project manager, quality assurance tester, technical writer, or data analyst. Additionally, you could also pursue roles in fields such as cybersecurity, artificial intelligence, or mobile development.

2. How can I advance my career after software engineering?

There are many ways to advance your career after software engineering. You can continue learning new programming languages and technologies, pursue certifications, attend conferences and workshops, and seek out mentorship opportunities. Networking and building a strong professional reputation can also open up new opportunities for career advancement.

3. Is further education necessary after software engineering?

Further education is not always necessary after software engineering, as the field is constantly evolving and there are many opportunities for self-learning and skill development. However, pursuing a master's degree in a related field can help you specialize and advance your career in a specific area, such as data science or software architecture.

4. What industries can I work in after software engineering?

Software engineering skills are highly in demand in a variety of industries. Some common industries that employ software engineers include technology, healthcare, finance, e-commerce, and government. However, with the increasing use of technology in all sectors, software engineers can find opportunities in almost any industry.

5. How can I stay updated with the latest advancements in software engineering?

To stay updated with the latest advancements in software engineering, it is important to continuously learn and stay curious about new technologies and techniques. Stay connected with the developer community through online forums and attend conferences and workshops to learn about the latest trends and innovations. Additionally, follow industry leaders and publications to stay informed about new developments in the field.