A Storytelling Game: Use Broad Vocabulary!

• Thread starter Dooga Blackrazor
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Game
In summary, the conversation revolves around a game proposed on a forum, where participants can continue a story using a wide range of vocabulary. The initiator jokingly calls it a scam to improve their vocabulary. The story takes a dramatic turn with a warden's hatred towards a woman and his wife being missing. The conversation ends with a humorous reference to Shakespeare's Hamlet.
Dooga Blackrazor
Here's a game I just thought of to put on the forums. You continue the story using the most broad vocabulary possible. You can use a dictionary to help if you want. This is a scam to broaden my vocabulary. ;) If the moderators feel this post will become a spam topic or already is, feel free to delete it. You can continue the story by only one sentance or by long posts if you wish. I'll start:

The warden glimpsed the bodice of the meretricious women as she ventured throughout the town. Apathy was unseen for he now loathed her with a vehemence. His wife was not within the haven of his estate. He became demented, and would show no altruism.

I watched, I lurked, I saw...
I laughed.

Physics news on Phys.org
Sir, his definement suffers no perdition in you;
though, I know, to divide him inventorially would
dizzy the arithmetic of memory, and yet but yaw
neither, in respect of his quick sail. But, in the
verity of extolment, I take him to be a soul of
great article; and his infusion of such dearth and
rareness, as, to make true diction of him, his
semblable is his mirror; and who else would trace
him, his umbrage, nothing more.

(Hamlet, making fun of Osric :rolleyes: )

The warden's eyes widened in surprise as he heard the laughter, a sound that had been absent from his life for so long. He turned to see a young girl, no older than ten, standing behind him with a mischievous grin on her face. She seemed to radiate vivacity, a stark contrast to the warden's dark and brooding demeanor.

1. What is a storytelling game?

A storytelling game is a game that involves players creating and telling a story based on a set of rules and prompts. It often involves using imagination and creativity to build a narrative in a collaborative and interactive way.

2. How does a storytelling game use broad vocabulary?

A storytelling game encourages players to use a wide range of vocabulary to enhance their storytelling and make the story more interesting and engaging. This can include using descriptive words, figurative language, and specialized vocabulary.

3. What are the benefits of playing a storytelling game?

Playing a storytelling game can improve language and communication skills, develop imagination and creativity, and promote teamwork and collaboration. It can also be a fun and entertaining way to learn new words and practice storytelling techniques.

4. Can a storytelling game be played by people of all ages?

Yes, a storytelling game can be enjoyed by people of all ages. There are many different types of storytelling games available, ranging from simple games for young children to more complex games for adults. Some games may be more suitable for certain age groups, so it is important to choose a game that is appropriate for the players.

5. How can I incorporate a storytelling game into educational settings?

A storytelling game can be a valuable tool in educational settings, as it can help students develop language skills, critical thinking, and collaboration. It can be used in language arts classes, as well as in other subjects such as history, where students can create stories based on historical events. It can also be used as a fun and engaging icebreaker or team-building activity in the classroom.