Taller People more successful?

• Thread starter Euphoriet
  • Start date
In summary: I stand by my first statement.In summary, the conversation discusses the idea of taller people being more successful and whether there is any truth to this. Some argue that taller people are seen as leaders and power figures by default, while others believe that short people are more successful because they are clever and present-minded. The conversation also touches on the topic of violence and whether height plays a role in it. Additionally, there is a discussion on how taller and shorter people are perceived in different cultures, and whether height has any influence on political success. Overall, there is no clear consensus on whether height affects success, and different perspectives and examples are presented.
Pattielli said:
i have no idea why people say height affects people's intelligence ?
I am 176cm, 50kg, and I am smarter than many idiots I have met...

Converting units...thats about 5'9, 110 lbs? So how big are the idiots? Height isn't correlated to intellgence but personal confidence, force of presence, and ability to influence people often are correlated to height, generally speaking, taller people are more confident, hold people's attention better, and thus are more listened to making them more success, its entirely psyhcological.

Physics news on Phys.org
Pattielli said:
i have no idea why people say height affects people's intelligence ?
I am 176cm, 50kg, and I am smarter than many idiots I have met...

Well, I'm smarter than all the idiots I have met! :tongue2:

Njorl

*Chuckle* ah, Njorl you crack me up.

Successful people have great hair too.

The reason why there were so many great short leaders is because short people are so good at manipulating big people.

Tall people feel superior because they can go out and hunt bears or something. But that's fine. You hunt bears and I'll run the country.

Mwa ha ha! :devil:

Matt

When was the last time the BGP (British Gnome Party) won the election?

But we all know it's not the politicians who run the country, but the civil service (which is full of short people). Didn't you ever watch 'yes minister'?

baffledMatt said:
But we all know it's not the politicians who run the country, but the civil service (which is full of short people). Didn't you ever watch 'yes minister'?

Lol I do occasionally but usually the politicians in that are thicker than a whale omelette... OK i see your point :wink: