How come can Latex work on this forum

In summary: WarrenIn summary, the conversation involves a person seeking a testing forum for LaTeX arguments and a suggestion for a new forum for application programming. The person also mentions talkroot as a potential forum but finds it boring. They suggest creating three new forums for C/C++, .NET, and Java, and mention that many people on physicsforums may also have an interest in computer science. The person ends by thanking the site managers in advance and signing off as Warren.
Vance
Can you please tell me why ?

I would like to ask for any place, like a testing forum so that I can test some latex arguments before posting anything about maths in the above forums..
I am sorry i don't know about latex much...

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
cause chroot is a sage

Thanks you guys a lot,
------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would like to have a quetion. I know talkroot is another forum of sitemanagers here,
But may I ask for new forum about application programming right in software programming ?
Application programming includes C/C++; .NEt ; Java ; yes three small forums.
Can site managers create three of them in that forum ?
Talkroot is also good, but I see no one there, its a little bit boring...
People coming to physicsforums mostly ask questions about academic subjects in college, universities, like maths, physics, chemistry etc, this also means they are all coming from engineering field in which computer sciences might be also their main interest...
Just a suggestion for of course me first and them later. I have nothing to conceal what i really would like to say, so please sitemanagers reconsider and give us your good decision...please help...

Thanks in advance.:)

Regards,

Last edited:

1. What is Latex and how does it work on this forum?

Latex is a typesetting language specifically designed for scientific and mathematical documents. It allows users to create complex equations, symbols, and diagrams with a simple coding syntax. This forum has integrated Latex functionality, which means that users can use Latex code to display equations and symbols in their posts.

2. Do I need to have prior knowledge of Latex to use it on this forum?

No, you do not need to have any prior knowledge of Latex to use it on this forum. The forum has a built-in Latex editor that allows users to easily input their equations and symbols without needing to know the syntax. However, having some knowledge of Latex can be helpful for more complex equations.

3. Are there any limitations to using Latex on this forum?

While the forum's Latex functionality is quite robust, there are a few limitations to consider. The forum only supports a subset of Latex commands, so some advanced features may not work. Additionally, the forum's Latex editor has a character limit, so very long equations may not display correctly.

4. Can I use Latex in all posts and comments on this forum?

Yes, you can use Latex in all posts and comments on this forum. The forum's Latex functionality is available for all users and can be used in any part of a post or comment, including titles and subtitles.

5. Is there a specific way I need to format my Latex code for it to work on this forum?

Yes, there is a specific way to format Latex code for it to work on this forum. The forum uses a specific syntax for Latex, which is different from traditional Latex syntax. Users can refer to the forum's help section for instructions on how to format their Latex code correctly.