Does anyone here believe in magic?

• Thread starter Stranger
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Magic
In summary: So, to me, it feels like a lifetime. In summary, Bellatrix believes in the real magic and that it takes a lifetime to learn it. Alex believes that you can learn magic in just 10 years by doing LSD.
Stranger
magic...

Who here believes in magic...and if you do what do you think it is like and how it works...give it a try...

Physics news on Phys.org
some magic comes from degenerated science, and the original science happened to work. A classic example told by Vitruvius is "liver reading".

that depends on the type of magic you are referring to...

Originally posted by Kerrie
Indeed it does...

How about black magic??

ah, black magic... Please concrete. Ceremonial salomonic? vudu?

Who here believes in magic...and if you do what do you think it is like and how it works...give it a try...
Isn't that missing the whole point? The basis of belief in magic is that the believers don't know...

I didn't follow you FZ...

Had to google for it so I could get the exact quote;

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
Arthur C. Clarke, "Technology and the Future"

Interesting question.
Let's analyze

Vudu seems fun.

Approach: resonance
Analog to remote explosion by a mobile phone.
(TNT + detonator + mobile phone):
If you give the correct impulse (frequency code) -> explosion

Vudu:
If you know (or feel) the frequency of let's say the membranes of 200 brain cells of someone and by frequency you overheat them so they collapse. What happens? Brain cells destroyed.
Question: how to know the frequency and how to send the (harmonic) frequency.

Shall we do a test?
Any volunteer? ;-)
We could also do this test with some politicians but maybe they have no brain cells :/

Originally posted by Stranger
I didn't follow you FZ...
I meant that magic is based on the idea of supernatural systems. If anything is understood in terms of process and the magic is a real one, then it ceases to be supernatural. It is just new, physical science. It is no longer magic.

mcleodnine: But that quote does not work the other way wrong. Any magic may not neccessarily be advanced technology. It could just be a trick.

pelastration: I'll volounteer. I'll just burn out these cells watching TV anyways...

OK FZ+

I will try to blow-up your TV-set.
;-)
I prefer you keep your braincells in good shape! We need them.

I meant that magic is based on the idea of supernatural systems. If anything is understood in terms of process and the magic is a real one, then it ceases to be supernatural. It is just new, physical science. It is no longer magic.

then waht about the magic that kills people...for example in a type of black magic...the magician inserts pins in the doll made up of the cloth of the victim...the place where the pin is inserted leads to a gustof pain in the corresponding body part of the victim...

Hi Stranger. I believe in the real magic, the magic of Merlin, where all is possible through intent and thought and energy. Actually, I don't really believe any more, I'm past that point of believe to knowing the real magic and on the brink of living the real magic. Whatever you think, you can create. It is a long journey of self and self discovery before finding the ability within you. There is all this stuff called a lifetime of conditioning between you and the awareness and perception of the real magic. But it is there inside each and every one of us. The possibilities are infinite.

Originally posted by Bellatrix
Hi Stranger. I believe in the real magic, the magic of Merlin, where all is possible through intent and thought and energy. Actually, I don't really believe any more, I'm past that point of believe to knowing the real magic and on the brink of living the real magic. Whatever you think, you can create. It is a long journey of self and self discovery before finding the ability within you. There is all this stuff called a lifetime of conditioning between you and the awareness and perception of the real magic. But it is there inside each and every one of us. The possibilities are infinite.

Yeah it could take a lifetime...or you could just do lsd.

Originally posted by Alex
Yeah it could take a lifetime...or you could just do lsd.

Hi Alex. ThankYou for your reply. Yes, it could take a lifetime. In my experience, it took about 10 years, which may or may not seem like a lifetime, depending on one's perspective. 10 years is relatively a short period of time, yet in terms of personal growth, I feel like I've lived lifetimes in that period of time. Some have done LSD, I can't speak to it at all. I've never used it or drugs of any kind in my exploration. I guess it depends on what you are looking for and what kind of journey you want to take.

In other news... my TV has not yet exploded.

Hence I conclude...

It must be generating some sort of Anti-magic field. Wow!

Originally posted by FZ+
In other news... my TV has not yet exploded.

Hence I conclude...

It must be generating some sort of Anti-magic field. Wow!

Did you ... very ...carefully ... watched?
No even a small explosion?
Maybe on one of the movies?

:/

PapaBeauCorp ... what could go wrong ...! Maybe ... DO YOU HAVE A QM CAT IN THE TV_BOX ! That can explain everything.

MAGIC just IS.
It's everywhere, always.
It's FREE.

Everything is MAGIC ... as long as you are too lazy (or unable ... or unwilling) to explain it.

Mind WIDE open.
Magic.
Quit anal-eyes-ing.
MAGIC.

And more.

Smiles.
Freemagic

Originally posted by Freemagic
MAGIC just IS.
It's everywhere, always.
It's FREE.
Everything is MAGIC ... as long as you are too lazy (or unable ... or unwilling) to explain it
Explaination? Check: http://www.hollywood.org/cosmology. (=16 pages)
We are all connected.

Last edited by a moderator:
As much as I know and as far as I remember magic is very closely related to religion...

As much as I know and as far as I remember magic is very closely related to religion...

That's fine.
It's YOUR knowing ... and YOUR remembering.

MINE don't allow for such limitations.
Magic is not very closely related to anything ...
However ... it's in everything.
Even in religion.
Perhaps ... because of the nature of religion ... magic is having more field days there ...

A single thought can create an entirely new universe.
And there's magic in it.

Sunshine and smiles ...
Feemagic

Q1: What is magic?

Magic is a term that refers to the use of supernatural or paranormal powers to manipulate or influence events in the physical world. It is often associated with beliefs and practices that are outside the realm of science and cannot be explained by natural laws.

Q2: Is magic real?

As a scientist, I cannot definitively say whether magic is real or not. While there is no scientific evidence to support the existence of magic, many people believe in its existence and have reported experiencing magical phenomena. It ultimately depends on one's personal beliefs and perspective.

Q3: Can anyone learn magic?

There is no clear answer to this question. Some people believe that magic is a natural ability that some individuals possess, while others believe that it can be learned through practice and study. However, there is no scientific evidence to support either belief.

Q4: Are there different types of magic?

Yes, there are various forms of magic, such as witchcraft, sorcery, and divination, which have different beliefs, practices, and origins. Each type of magic may also have different purposes, such as healing, protection, or divination.

Q5: Is there a connection between magic and science?

While magic and science may seem like opposing beliefs, there have been instances where scientific principles have been used to explain or debunk magical phenomena. However, science and magic have different approaches and methods, and they are not considered to be directly related.