Suggestions, if you would, for a Trig. book.

In summary, the conversation is about a person's interest in mathematics and physics, particularly in Calculus. They have purchased a book on Calculus and are now looking for a good Trigonometry book that is affordable and provides in-depth explanations and proofs. The conversation also suggests checking local resources for used textbooks instead of relying on Amazon.
Newtonstein
Hi guys, this is my first post. I'm at the beginning of a hopefully long venture into mathematics and physics. As mathematics is the expressive language of physics, I've felt it natural to brush up on it. I'll be taking Calculus in the beginning of my next school semester, and would like to sharpen my skills over the summer. I've already purchased Calculus: An Intuitive Approach. I'm somewhat in limbo, however, in my search for a Trig. book that can match it.

Trig. - 7th Edition: I've examined this book, and found it to be too counter-intuitive. I'm searching for something that goes more into proofs and reasons for formulas and theorems, rather than giving cursory explanations. Price, if possible, needs to be on the low end - $50 or less if possible. Ideally, it will have problems with, at least, some accompanying answers. Thanks in advance!

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Good Trigonometry books hardbound can be found for much less than what that "Trig. 7th Edition" page shows. Can you find some local supply of used textbooks? You could use and search on, but DO NOT NEED Amazon. Check with your local libraries for their booksales.

1. What topics should be covered in a Trigonometry book?

A comprehensive Trigonometry book should cover topics such as basic trigonometric functions, identities, equations, graphs, and applications in real-world situations.

2. How should the material be organized in the book?

The material should be organized in a logical sequence, starting with the basics and gradually building up to more complex topics. It should also include plenty of examples and practice problems to reinforce learning.

3. Are there any specific resources or tools that would be helpful for learning Trigonometry?

Yes, there are many helpful resources such as online tutorials, practice problems, and interactive tools that can aid in understanding and mastering Trigonometry concepts. Some recommended resources include Khan Academy, Wolfram Alpha, and Desmos.

4. What kind of real-world applications should be included in the book?

Real-world applications of Trigonometry can include problems related to navigation, surveying, engineering, physics, and astronomy. Including these types of problems can help students see the practical applications of Trigonometry in everyday life.

5. How can the book make learning Trigonometry more engaging and interesting?

To make learning Trigonometry more engaging, the book could incorporate interactive elements, such as puzzles, games, or real-world scenarios. It could also include visual aids such as diagrams, animations, and videos to help students better understand the concepts.