Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Welcome New MHB Administrator MarkFL!!!

• Admin

Ackbach

Indicium Physicus
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
Ok, so we all know that MarkFL is by far the most active person on MHB. He's served ably as an MHB Global Moderator for quite a while. He has also expressed an interest in learning the back end of vBulletin, and possibly even doing some coding for us. The current admins have agreed that he would be a valuable addition as an MHB Administrator. So, we welcome MarkFL to the reins of MHB. Congratulations, Mark!

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
Way to go, Mark! I just thought of how Mark very randomly started posting months after he made an account and quickly drew everyone's attention by his helpful and respectful online presence. He joined the Site Helper team and then just shot up the ranks before finally reaching the top level of our site. That's impressive! (Clapping) It's not always fun being a good Moderator or Administrator and it takes a really great user to excel at the math side and the forum side of our site.

Let's get to work, Mark, and show everyone what our team can do together. (Muscle)

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
In the past, when promoted, I would wait a while before posting, but I just can't wait now. (Happy)

I must say it truly is an honor to be asked and to be trusted to serve MHB in such a capacity. I have enjoyed every minute of my time here, working my way up through the ranks, and now to have reached the pinnacle is a dream come true for me. (Poolparty)

It has been a joy to work with such dedicated people. Being around such hard working people has inspired me to work hard alongside them. I look forward to learning about the back end of vBulletin and making contributions to MHB in this area.

Now, it is time to roll up my sleeves and learn about all the new administrative tools available to me, to brush up my programming skills and learn the languages particular to vBulletin, and continue to post help and moderate the forums. I hope to show myself to be a valuable and integral part of the administrative team at MHB.

Finally, I wish to extend a hearty thanks to Ackbach, Chris L T521, and Jameson for their votes of confidence...it means a great deal to me. (Yes)

Chris L T521

Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
Congrats on the promotion, Mark!!! In my mind, it was as if you were already one of us (without the orange bold face, the badge, and all the permissions and perks that go with being an admin), but I'm glad to see that it's finally official. (Party) (Dance)

Well guys, the admin team is growing slowly but surely! All we need is one more admin before we can have quite the basketball team! You can try out for our team at the Cupertino Sports Center on February 5th, 2014 from 4:00PM-6:00PM. (Smirk)

All jokes aside, we appreciate all that you have contributed to MHB as you climbed the ranks, and I look forward to seeing what you can wow us with in the future. (Smile)

P.S.: I'm also trying to get back into programming, so if you want a programming buddy and want to talk about things for a couple hours each week, I would be down for that. (Nod) (Smile)

ZaidAlyafey

MHB Math Helper
Jan 17, 2013
Well, that will make the news. It is nearly impossible in other forums to promote users to become administrators. And I said it won't happen here but this post changed everything. That proves how professional our team of admins is. Basketball, volleyball or whatever all appreciation and kind words to this great team. Congratulations Mark.

Sudharaka

MHB Math Helper
Feb 5, 2012
Congratulations. You truly deserved to be a MHB Administrator. It's nice to see that one can go from the very bottom to the very top at MHB. This is something which is hard to find in any other site I guess. There are lots of things still to improve in MHB, and I hope you as an Admin will be a great help to make MHB the best out of the best. :)

Deveno

MHB Math Scholar
Feb 15, 2012
First of all, congratulations MarkFL!!!11111

On a side note, I'd like to say how great a group of people the administrators of this site are. I mean that, I really do. You make it look easy, and from my personal perspective these forums are one of the best-run math forums out there. Some concrete reasons why this is so:

1. A first-rate and polished interface, with seamless integration of various kinds of text entry, hyperlinks, and of course, latex input.

2. Due diligence in keeping the site bot and spam-free.

3. A friendly and welcoming atmosphere, nevertheless tempered with a firm and fair enforcement of the rules.

4. A staff that is very well-versed mathematically, but also willing to help beginners take their first steps.

5. The chat room sections, the arcade, the challenge problems and POTW keep the site entertaining, as well as educational. Life should be "moar funner"!

I think Mark should fit right in as an admin, he seems to share the vision of the site founders, and in my opinion, this is a great call, and I expect great things from him as an admin. Also, cash kickbacks from time to time much-needed help for the staff.

One again, congrats! :)

anemone

MHB POTW Director
Staff member
Feb 14, 2012
Congratulations on being recognized for what you are, extraordinary, MarkFL!!!

I truly think you deserve this promotion because to me, you're such a decent, responsible, genial person and words are not enough to describe how good a person you seem to me and hence, I know you will make a good admin at our site and I think too you deserve a kiss on your cheek for this promotion! (Sun)

• Admin

Ackbach

Indicium Physicus
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
Congratulations on being recognized for what you are, extraordinary, MarkFL!!!
Nice coloring to reflect all of Mark's badges! Yes, given that Mark has the highest of ranks, plus both of the other two badges, there's no where to go but down. Wait... ;-)]

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
I want to thank each of your for your kind words and encouragement. I have always thought the admin team here goes way above and beyond anywhere else and I am honored and delighted to be invited to be a part of the team. (Happy)

mente oscura

Nov 29, 2013
Congratulations MarkFL.(Clapping)

Petrus

Feb 21, 2013
Congratulations Mark(Yes) You truly deserv it!

First of all, congratulations MarkFL!!!11111

On a side note, I'd like to say how great a group of people the administrators of this site are. I mean that, I really do. You make it look easy, and from my personal perspective these forums are one of the best-run math forums out there. Some concrete reasons why this is so:

1. A first-rate and polished interface, with seamless integration of various kinds of text entry, hyperlinks, and of course, latex input.

2. Due diligence in keeping the site bot and spam-free.

3. A friendly and welcoming atmosphere, nevertheless tempered with a firm and fair enforcement of the rules.

4. A staff that is very well-versed mathematically, but also willing to help beginners take their first steps.

5. The chat room sections, the arcade, the challenge problems and POTW keep the site entertaining, as well as educational. Life should be "moar funner"!

I think Mark should fit right in as an admin, he seems to share the vision of the site founders, and in my opinion, this is a great call, and I expect great things from him as an admin. Also, cash kickbacks from time to time much-needed help for the staff.

One again, congrats! :)
I totaly agree with you but what make MHB the best-run math forums for me is cause of the people in the forum not only the mod/admin! It feels like you know evryone well and evryone is being so nice! It is like we are a big family!:)

Regards,
\(\displaystyle |\pi\rangle\)