Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

We Lie To Our Kids

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Banned

RTCNTC

Banned
Jan 31, 2017
Just A Thought

We teach kids that Santa flies all over the world in one night, climbs down millions of chimneys (a fat guy), and then returns to the North Pole to start preparing next Christmas. This is a lie. Our parents lied to us and we lie to our kids. Not cool, agree?

Joppy

MHB Math Helper
Mar 17, 2016
Just like some of us teach them that there is a man in the sky watching everything we do!

But in all seriousness, how many adults do you know which 'believe in Santa'? Like most other unrealistic children stories, they're just a bit of fun.

tkhunny

MHB Math Helper
Jan 27, 2012
"I will never disappoint you."
"You can always count on me."
"You can accomplish anything you put your mind to."
"You are old enough to make your own choices."
"You have to wait until you are old enough to drink alcohol responsibly."
"One time won't hurt."
"What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas."
"Once an alcoholic, always an alcoholic."
and on and on and on...

There are many lies that our society tells. Some are useful.

I think you are confusing "lie" with "fantasy". Nevertheless, you are entitled to your opinion.

• Banned

RTCNTC

Banned
Jan 31, 2017
Just like some of us teach them that there is a man in the sky watching everything we do!

But in all seriousness, how many adults do you know which 'believe in Santa'? Like most other unrealistic children stories, they're just a bit of fun.
There is much evidence in space, sky, and earth that points to a Creator God. A Big Bang could not have created the complexities of all living things. Doctors cannot solve stage 4 cancer but they dare to say there is no God who made all things.

We have not been able to FULLY RESTORE hair after it begins to fall at 40 or less, but we are certain that God is a cartoon figure. I'd rather die prepared to meet God on the other side of the grave. If there is no God, I simply return to dust. End of the story. But, if there is inside every person a spirit that survives physical death, and I die outside of a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, OMG!!!

• Banned

RTCNTC

Banned
Jan 31, 2017
"I will never disappoint you."
"You can always count on me."
"You can accomplish anything you put your mind to."
"You are old enough to make your own choices."
"You have to wait until you are old enough to drink alcohol responsibly."
"One time won't hurt."
"What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas."
"Once an alcoholic, always an alcoholic."
and on and on and on...

There are many lies that our society tells. Some are useful.

I think you are confusing "lie" with "fantasy". Nevertheless, you are entitled to your opinion.
I may not know math at your level. I accept this weakness but I also believe that God is reality.

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
There are many sites where theism can be debated...MHB is not such a site.

Status
Not open for further replies.