War with Islam and Islam is winning.

• Thread starter Outcast
  • Start date
In summary: Why did Muhammad think he was a messenger of God? (pg 70)In summary, the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals is allowing public schools to force children to pretend to be witches and sorcerers, to recite prayers of worship to Allah, to fast for Ramadan, and to strive to reach Mecca in games.
Outcast
Calif. DOE forcing Islam on children

And I thought the textbooks were bad.

It seemed to be a collection of different videos spliced together. The beginning was factual and dry, with boring music and slow visuals. Then suddenly, the pace picks up, beautiful rich art is included with compelling music and excitement as the angels "come down to Muhammad," and the religious beliefs of Islam are presented as fact in exciting, awe-inspiring ways.

As I talked to the teacher on the phone, I could hear in the background the video reading the verses in the Quran criticizing Christianity, claiming there is no son of Allah, etc.

I'm not sure what I object to more, claiming Christians, Jews and Muslims all have the same beliefs and god (which clearly isn't true as the Quran condemns Christians and Jews to death), or presenting children with statements that Christianity is wrong without qualifiers (like Muslims believe).
How Judges Rip Up Faith
by Jen Shroder
6/9/04 Repost or quote at will

The LAW1 guarantees the right of every person to freely choose his own course in religious teaching, free of any compulsion from the state [public schools]. Therefore, HOW is the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals allowing such practices as requiring students to pretend they are witches and sorcerers, create poetic chants5, pretend they "become Muslim", memorize and recite prayers of worship to Allah6, fast for Ramadan and strive to reach Mecca in games?

What's wrong with "ACROSS THE CENTURIES" Houghton Mifflin Social Studies Textbook 7th grade 21st Century Edition, nationwide
The following statements are sprinkled throughout as statements of fact and some begin the paragraphs and lessons with NO statements of "Muslims believe."

1. "The Quran is the final revelation, just as Muhammad is the final prophet." (pg 62)

2. (new paragraph) "The Arabic word Quran can be loosely translated as 'recitation." In fact, the very first word the angel Gabriel spoke to Muhammad was "Recite." (pg 63) [...in FACT?]

3. "Ramadan is a holy time, because in this month Muhammad received his first message from Allah." (pg 63)

4. "He also realized that, with his mission complete, he would soon join Allah in heaven." (pg 65)

5. "Arabic lettering had a special significance for Muslims, because it was used to write down God's words as they had been given to Muhammad." (pg 88)

6. (Opening paragraph of Lesson 2 with no "belief" qualifiers) "In the year AD610, something extraordinary occurred. The first verses of the Quran, believed by Musilms to be the written record of God's words, were revealed to him at that time." (pg 58)
(Please look closely at what that sentence is saying. It states the Muslims believe it to be the written record of God's words, but it states as FACT that it was revealed by God at that time. Even the few times "Muslims believe" is noted, it is done in a deceptive way.)

7. "Then, in the cave, something more far-reaching happened. A being he later identified as the angel Gabriel, or Jibril (juhBREEL) in Arabic, came to him, telling him to read, or recite. Trembling, Muhammad responded that he didn't know how to read or what to read. 'Thereupon [the angel] caught me and pressed me so hard that I could not bear it any more.' Three times the angel pressed Muhammad, finally commanding him to

Read! In the name of your
Lord who created.
Created man from a clot
congealed blood.
Read! And your Lord is the Most
Bountiful.
He who has taught by the pen.
Taught man that which he
knew not.

Qur'an 96:1-5

8."From Jerusalem, both Muhammad and Gabriel ascended into heaven, where Muhammad spoke to God." (new paragraph) "These revelations confirmed both Muhammad's belief in one God, or monotheism, and his role as the last messenger in a long line of prophets sent by God. The God he believed in - Allah - is the same God of other monotheistic religions, Judaism and Christianity." (pg 59)

9. "The angel told him [Muhammad] to recite in the name of God." (pg 59)

10. "The...mosque...allowed Muslims to feel Allah's invisible presence..." (pg 97)

11."Mhammad's revelations occurred from 610 until his death in 632." (pg 61)

12. "Today pilgrims visit the Prophet's Cave on Mount Hira." (pg 58)

13. "Why did Muhammad think he was a messenger of God?" (pg 70)
(Are they looking for our children to reply, "Because of greed, lust for power, hallucinations? (not once hinted in the text). Or are they trying to compel our children to answer as fact what the text should have taught as a belief. Predetermined questions. My gosh! THINK about what they are leading our children to answer here!

14. "Since the Muslims did not necessarily encourage people to convert to Islam, why did they bother expanding their empire?" (pg 84)

15. Further, I object to Muhammad's wife, Aisha, (she was age 9 when he married her), describing in length what she believes Muhammad experienced as revelation. Though the textbook qualifies it as her version, it is still testimony presented as fact. (pg 58) Conversely, does the Gospel of John, where John gives the story of Jesus, qualify as textbook material?"

I. Unbelievable Leading Assignments to Children:

1. "Assume you are a Muslim soldier on your way to conquer Syria in the year A.D. 635. Write three journal entries that reveal your thoughts about Islam, fighting in the battle, or life in the desert." (pg 71)

(My son is forbidden from imagining fighting for Allah.)

2. "Form small groups of students to build a miniature mosque [place of worship]. You may decide to use cardboard, papier' mache, or other materials. Have one member do research at the library to find out what the insides of mosques look like. Have another member design a building plan. And have two members collect the building materials. Together, construct the mosque according to your plan." (pg 71)

(My son is forbidden from building places of worship to Allah.)

3.You leave your home in Alexandria for the pilgrimage to Mecca. [previously described as a holy religious event0. Using the map on page 53 and other atlases, write a letter describing your route, the landscapes and peoples you see as you travel and any incidents that happen along the way. Describe what you see in Mecca." (pg 71)

(My son is forbidden from imagining he is on a pilgrimage to "holy" Mecca, which is done as worship to Allah.)

4. Why do you think the Arabs and others in Southwest Asia would have been attracted to Islam? Explain your reason." (pg 64)

(This is nothing short of brainwashing! First our children are shown a false god, shown how Muslims worship him, told to imagine being a Muslim, write about it in many ways and then to write what is good about it. All the time claiming this does not proselytize?!?)

Physics news on Phys.org
What I like about that story is the author keeps whining about how the texbooks state things as fact, like Allah is god, without qualifiers. Meanwhile, the author says things like "The children are shown a false God" :rofl:

wasteofo2 said:
What I like about that story is the author keeps whining about how the texbooks state things as fact, like Allah is god, without qualifiers. Meanwhile, the author says things like "The children are shown a false God" :rofl:
The muslims do worship a false god.
But why should any religion be taught in a public school?

Outcast said:
The muslims do worship a false god.
Keep comments like that to yourself.

Ideally ALL religions should be taught in school and the child should make up their own mind about what they want to believe.

devious_ said:
Keep comments like that to yourself.

Agreed...

We no longer allow religious discussions.

1. What evidence is there to support the claim that Islam is winning in a war?

There is no clear evidence to support the claim that Islam is winning in a war. Wars involving Islamic countries or groups often have complex political, economic, and historical factors that cannot be reduced to a simple "winning" or "losing" narrative. Additionally, the concept of "winning" in a war is subjective and can be interpreted in many ways.

2. Is there a specific war with Islam, or is the statement referring to all conflicts involving Islamic countries or groups?

The statement is vague and does not specify a specific war with Islam. It could refer to conflicts involving Islamic countries or groups, but it is important to note that not all conflicts involving Islamic countries or groups can be categorized as a "war with Islam." Many factors, such as political ideologies, power struggles, and territorial disputes, can contribute to conflicts.

3. How is "winning" or "losing" in a war determined?

The determination of "winning" or "losing" in a war is subjective and can vary depending on the perspective of the individual or group making the assessment. Some may consider winning to be achieving their desired outcome or goals, while others may measure it based on military success or casualties. It is important to critically examine the source and context of any claims about winning or losing a war.

4. Are there reliable statistics or data to support the claim that Islam is winning in a war?

It is difficult to find reliable and unbiased statistics or data to support the claim that Islam is winning in a war. The nature of war and conflicts often makes it challenging to gather accurate information, and it is essential to critically evaluate the source and context of any statistics or data presented.

5. What are the potential consequences of framing conflicts involving Islamic countries or groups as a "war with Islam"?

Framing conflicts as a "war with Islam" can perpetuate harmful stereotypes and contribute to the demonization of an entire religion and its followers. It can also oversimplify complex conflicts and hinder efforts for peaceful resolution. It is crucial to approach discussions of war and conflict with nuance and avoid blanket statements that may perpetuate misinformation and prejudice.