Wanted: good book on photon radiation emission

In summary, the conversation is about the search for a book that explains the process of how electromagnetic waves generate photon-based radiation. The person asking the question has read many books on quantum electrodynamics and classical EM but has not found a satisfactory explanation. They are asking if anyone has come across such a book and clarifying that it is not a rhetorical question. Another person suggests considering the energy of photons at radio frequencies, but the original person is looking for a more detailed explanation in a published text.
DeepQ
I own and have read numerous books about quantum electrodynamics and also classical EM. But sadly, I have yet to find a good book that describes how EM generates photon-based radiation. E.g. the process by which a radio wave comes into existence -- at a deeper level -- not just Maxwell, Abraham-Lorentz, Dirac, etc., but the real physics of the process.

Has anyone here come across such a book? Many thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
Sorry, some of you may think this is a rhetorical question. It is not. I'm actually polling to find out if anyone actually has found such a text.

Have you considered the energy of photons at radio frequencies?

Hi las3rjock, yes, absolutely. That's why I'm looking for a deeper clarification in a published text. It's not well addressed.

Related to Wanted: good book on photon radiation emission

1. What is photon radiation emission?

Photon radiation emission is the process by which a particle or object emits photons, which are packets of electromagnetic energy that travel through space at the speed of light.

2. Why is it important to find a good book on photon radiation emission?

Understanding photon radiation emission is crucial in various fields of science, including physics, chemistry, and astronomy. A good book can provide a comprehensive understanding of this phenomenon and its applications.

3. What topics should a good book on photon radiation emission cover?

A good book on photon radiation emission should cover topics such as the nature of photons, the mechanisms of photon emission, the properties of photon radiation, and its applications in different fields of study.

4. Are there any recommended authors or books for learning about photon radiation emission?

Some recommended authors and books for learning about photon radiation emission include "Introduction to Photonics" by Bahaa E. A. Saleh and Malvin Carl Teich, "Electromagnetic Radiation: Variational Methods, Waveguides and Accelerators" by Peter A. Milonni, and "Principles of Optics: Electromagnetic Theory of Propagation, Interference and Diffraction of Light" by Max Born and Emil Wolf.

5. How can I apply my knowledge of photon radiation emission in my research or work?

Knowledge of photon radiation emission can be applied in various fields, such as designing and developing new technologies, studying the properties of materials, and understanding the behavior of light in different environments. It can also be useful in fields like medical imaging, telecommunications, and solar energy.