Want to draw a graph but cannot use the same syntax everywhere

• Thread starter pairofstrings
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Graph
In summary, the conversation discusses how to draw a specific graph on both Desmos and GeoGebra, and the correct syntax for a piecewise function in GeoGebra. The correct syntax for the function is f(x) = 5, 1<|x|<2, and it can be found in the program's documents.
pairofstrings
Hi.
I have a graph that looks like this: https://www.desmos.com/calculator/9skgbhqmpl
I want to draw the same thing on a different website so that I know that I am moving in the right direction in my understanding. The different website is: https://www.geogebra.org/graphing/e2ZtMfDv

desmos: { 1 < |x| < 2 : 5}
The above desmos figure is not similar to figure drawn using geogebra because I am unable to write {1 < |x| < 2 : 5} in geogebra. How do I write {1 < |x| < 2 : 5} in geogebra?

What is the correct syntax of {1 < |x| < 2 : 5} in geogebra?

The link that I am exploring is this: https://www.desmos.com/calculator/dnzfajfpym
How do I read an equation that I find in the shared link above?

Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
pairofstrings said:
What is the correct syntax of {1 < |x| < 2 : 5} in geogebra?

For such syntax problems, you need always to look at the documents of the program. Here

In the GeoGebra Input line, type f(x) = 5, 1<|x|<2

This is a piecewise definition of a function in GeoGebra.

PS. Sorry. I just realized how old this thread is.

Related to Want to draw a graph but cannot use the same syntax everywhere

1. What do you mean by "syntax" in drawing a graph?

Syntax refers to the specific set of rules and symbols used to write code or commands. In the context of drawing a graph, it refers to the specific syntax used in a programming language or software to create and manipulate graphs.

2. Why can't I use the same syntax everywhere when drawing a graph?

Different programming languages and software have different syntax and functionality for creating and manipulating graphs. Therefore, to draw a graph, you need to use the specific syntax and commands that are compatible with the language or software you are using.

3. Can I use a tool or software that allows me to use the same syntax for drawing graphs?

Yes, there are some tools and software available that allow you to use a universal syntax for drawing graphs. However, these tools may have limited functionality and may not be compatible with all programming languages.

4. How can I learn the syntax for drawing graphs in a specific programming language or software?

You can refer to the documentation or user guide of the programming language or software to learn the specific syntax for drawing graphs. You can also find tutorials and online resources that can help you understand the syntax and how to use it.

5. Is it necessary to learn the syntax for drawing graphs?

Yes, it is necessary to learn the syntax for drawing graphs if you want to create and manipulate graphs in a specific programming language or software. Understanding the syntax will allow you to effectively use the tools and functions available and create accurate and visually appealing graphs.