VR/AR big bang model (Virtual Reality Simulation)

In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of creating a model of the universe that can be viewed from within using VR/AR technology. However, it is noted that such a model would require advanced programming skills and computing power beyond the reach of home computers. The conversation also mentions existing simulations of the universe created by scientists, but these do not go back to the big bang. Finally, a question is posed about the latest developments and debates surrounding the big bang theory.
Toxis
Hi, I have a silly question,

Could one, in theory make a accurate model of the life of our universe that one could look at from within. Let's say I put on my VR/AR goggles, 'there' Iam elevated from the earth, then I remain static, and the time begins to rewind. At some point I maybe hear the CMB when it is being blueshifted back (would one hear it?Let's ignore the fact that one would be dead, and there's no sound in space:). Then everything gets brighter and brighter at the last point everything gets uber bright, and then darkness. Where you step out into of the universe and you see it (the universe) all in the room, you can walk around it, put you face very close and see action happening at that particular space and time of the universe. I have no programming skill nor a skill to calculate the math, so if it's possible and someone can - please do, just imagine, what amazing tool it would be to show this to schoolchildren (hell, and everyone else, especially adults:). Where when you can pic a point in the space time of the model, step in, and be in the universe slowly passing time at 1s/s. That would make the concept of space-time so much more understandable to a layman.
Or would accurate calculations require supercomputers that you guys (physicists/cosmologists) now use to simulate universes? And this is very far from something that could be done on an household PC?

sorry if this is the wrong forum, wrong prefix or if this actually is a stupid idea or this thing actually exists:)

Space news on Phys.org
Ah, damn.. well, I hope in several years if the moore's law will not fail us, it will be accessible to home users and schools. Oh well, thanks for the info mate!

Big Bang versus No Beginning and No End... What is the latest chatter on this subject? :smile:
I'm new here so let me know if this is the wrong place to pose this question. G-pa Dave

Grandpa Dave said:
Big Bang versus No Beginning and No End... What is the latest chatter on this subject? :smile:
I'm new here so let me know if this is the wrong place to pose this question. G-pa Dave

It's not the wrong forum, but you should start a new thread rather than hijacking someone else's.

Also, before starting a new thread, please find some references for the two possibilities you mention; the descriptions alone are not enough to pin down which models you are talking about.

Related to VR/AR big bang model (Virtual Reality Simulation)

What is the VR/AR big bang model?

The VR/AR big bang model is a theoretical concept that suggests the universe we live in is actually a virtual reality simulation created by advanced beings or future humans. It proposes that everything we perceive as reality, including ourselves, is actually part of a computer-generated simulation.

How does the VR/AR big bang model work?

According to the VR/AR big bang model, the simulation we live in was created by advanced beings or future humans who have the technology to create highly realistic virtual reality experiences. This simulated universe is constantly evolving and expanding just like our own universe.

What evidence supports the VR/AR big bang model?

There is no concrete evidence to support the VR/AR big bang model, as it is purely a theoretical concept. However, some scientists have pointed to certain aspects of our reality, such as the laws of physics, that could potentially be explained by the simulation hypothesis.

What are the implications of the VR/AR big bang model?

If the VR/AR big bang model is true, it would completely change our understanding of the universe and our place in it. It would also raise questions about free will and the nature of consciousness, as everything we experience would be predetermined by the creators of the simulation.

Is there any way to prove or disprove the VR/AR big bang model?

At this point, there is no way to prove or disprove the VR/AR big bang model. It is purely a theoretical concept and there is no way to access or study the supposed creators of the simulation. However, as technology continues to advance, it is possible that we may one day have the capability to test this hypothesis.