Vote for Hybrid Inflation: Inflation Poll

In summary, the conversation discusses the best model of inflation, with one person voting for hybrid inflation and another asking for a description of it. They also mention other models such as chaotic inflation and variants of hybrid inflation. The conversation ends with a side note about a sequence and a mention of the "firework universe" theory.

the inflation poll

• hybrid inflation

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • old inflation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • new inflation

• natural inflation

• supernatural inflation

• noncommutative inflation

• curvaton model

• extended inflation

• k-inflation

• other

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters
meteor
What's the best model of inflation? Give me your vote, please
My vote goes for hybrid inflation :smile:

Astronomy news on Phys.org
Originally posted by meteor
What's the best model of inflation? Give me your vote, please
My vote goes for hybrid inflation :smile:

how about describing hybrid inflation for us?

BTW in This Week's Finds #202 that just came out (you may have seen it on SPR) John Baez puts this riddle (about halfway down the post)

What is this sequence?

un, dos, tres, quatre, cinc, seis, set, vuit, nou, deu,...

You should know since you come from Barcelona :wink:

Is inflation driven by two real scalar fields (the inflaton and the Higgs field). They interact between them, so first the inflaton is slowly rolling through its potential, and then triggers the rolling of the Higgs field, that undergoes a fast rolling. Inflation ends in a first order phase transition.
It was proposed by D.Linde in 1991, though the paper is not online
Some variants of the model are polynomial hybrid inflation, tilted hybrid inflation, and supersymmetric hybrid inflation

Soon after I sent the poll, I realized my great mistake of not including chaotic inflation in the options. I tried to edit the poll, but was impossible. bad luck. It can go in "Other", jointly with other models such Q-ball inflation, extranatural inflation,
D-term inflation or brane-antibrane inflation

Ah, the sequence...It is easy since I speak catalan!But note that Eugene Catalan was not catalan at all, he was belgian!

Firework Universe

The firework universe beginning is one yet to be explored inflation possibility that accounts for the dark matter in the simplest way.

Related to Vote for Hybrid Inflation: Inflation Poll

1. What is hybrid inflation?

Hybrid inflation is a type of inflation model in cosmology that combines features of both chaotic inflation and new inflation. It involves a hybrid scalar field potential and has been proposed as a way to reconcile the shortcomings of these two models.

2. How does hybrid inflation differ from other inflation models?

Hybrid inflation differs from other models in that it involves a hybrid scalar field potential, which allows for a more gradual and controlled exit from the inflationary phase. This results in a more stable and realistic inflationary scenario.

3. How is the success of hybrid inflation measured?

The success of hybrid inflation is typically measured by its ability to produce the observed amount of cosmic microwave background radiation fluctuations and the correct density of matter in the universe. Other measures include the spectral index and tensor-to-scalar ratio, which have implications for the underlying physics of inflation.

4. What are the potential implications of voting for hybrid inflation?

Voting for hybrid inflation could lead to further research and development of this inflation model, potentially providing a better understanding of the early universe and its evolution. It could also have implications for future cosmological observations and experiments, as well as potential applications in other fields of science.

5. How can I learn more about hybrid inflation?

There are many resources available to learn more about hybrid inflation, including scientific papers, books, and online articles. It is recommended to consult with experts in the field or attend conferences and workshops to gain a deeper understanding of this topic.