Must-See in Chicago: Weekend Tourist Attractions

• Thread starter Monique
  • Start date
In summary, some must-see tourist attractions in Chicago include the Willis Tower Skydeck, Millennium Park, Navy Pier, The Art Institute of Chicago, and the Shedd Aquarium. It is recommended to allocate 2-3 days for a weekend tour of Chicago in order to visit top tourist attractions and explore the city's neighborhoods and cuisine. There are many free tourist attractions in Chicago, such as Millennium Park, the Lincoln Park Zoo, and the Chicago Riverwalk. The best way to get around Chicago during a weekend tour is by using public transportation or ride-sharing services, but it is also possible to explore on foot or by bike. There are hidden gems in Chicago worth visiting, such as the Garfield Park Conservatory, the Robie House
Monique
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I am planning to go to Chicago any time soon for a weekend, probably 1.5 days.. what is a list of must-see tourist attractions?

Physics news on Phys.org
The Exploratorium. The Sears tower. Univ of Chicago.

Avoid driving around the loop if at all possible. I spent two hours trying to find my hotel there once; CONSTRUCTION!

The Picasso in Daley center. The Loop. Navy Pier. Take one of the lakeshore/river sight seeing excursion boats. I agree, don't try to drive downtown. Take buses, trains, els, or those little fake trolleys they have for tourists.

1. What are some must-see tourist attractions in Chicago?

Some must-see tourist attractions in Chicago include the Willis Tower Skydeck, Millennium Park, Navy Pier, The Art Institute of Chicago, and the Shedd Aquarium.

2. How much time should I allocate for a weekend tour of Chicago?

It is recommended to allocate at least 2-3 days for a weekend tour of Chicago in order to visit the top tourist attractions and also have time to explore the city's neighborhoods and try local cuisine.

3. Are there any free tourist attractions in Chicago?

Yes, there are many free tourist attractions in Chicago, such as Millennium Park, the Lincoln Park Zoo, and the Chicago Riverwalk. Additionally, many museums offer free admission on certain days of the week.

4. What is the best way to get around Chicago during a weekend tour?

The best way to get around Chicago during a weekend tour is by using public transportation, such as the CTA buses and trains. Another option is to use ride-sharing services like Uber or Lyft. It is also possible to explore the city on foot or by renting a bike.

5. Are there any hidden gems in Chicago that are worth visiting during a weekend tour?

Yes, there are many hidden gems in Chicago that are worth visiting during a weekend tour. Some examples include the Garfield Park Conservatory, the Robie House, and the 606 Trail. It is also recommended to explore the city's diverse neighborhoods, such as Pilsen, Wicker Park, and Chinatown.