Voltage Stabilizer in car or home

In summary: This allows the unit to effectively convert the 50 or 60 Hz AC voltages to 12 or 24 volts DC, which is then sent to the equipment.
puteh30
hye... i new user (forumer)... help me...

1) -what is voltage stabilizer?
-application
-effect
- DIY circuit

2) fuse for voltage stabilizer?
why use fuse for car = 20A
motor = 10 A
home = 13A

tqvm...

Engineering news on Phys.org
A fuse isn't a voltage stabiliser, a fuse is over current protection.

2 common forms of voltage stabilisation are a zener diode or a voltage regulator chip
have a look at that link below for zener use

http://www.reuk.co.uk/Zener-Diode-Voltage-Regulator.htm"

You have made no mention of what sort of voltage levels you want to stabilise, that would help so we can help you further :)

Do a wikipedia search on linear voltage regulators there's a good page of info

cheers
Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
fuse in voltage stabilizer? use 10A or ?

puteh30 said:
fuse in voltage stabilizer? use 10A or ?

you use a fuse rating in a circuit appropriate for what current is being drawn
you still haven't answered my question concerning voltages

to help you I need to know ...

1) input voltage to the stabiliser circuit?
2) stabilised output voltage needed for the equipment being supplied?
3) how much current does the equipment draw(need) ?

I say again ... a fuse DOES NOT stabilise voltage, a fuse is over current protection.

cheers
Dave

davenn said:
you use a fuse rating in a circuit appropriate for what current is being drawn
you still haven't answered my question concerning voltages

to help you I need to know ...

1) input voltage to the stabiliser circuit?
2) stabilised output voltage needed for the equipment being supplied?
3) how much current does the equipment draw(need) ?

I say again ... a fuse DOES NOT stabilise voltage, a fuse is over current protection.

cheers
Dave

ooh...
1) input voltage = 12V
2) output voltage = 12V
3) current? i don't know...

to protect voltage stabilizer, use fuse 10A or ?

puteh30 said:
ooh...
1) input voltage = 12V
2) output voltage = 12V
3) current? i don't know...

to protect voltage stabilizer, use fuse 10A or ?

please ... if you don't know the current being used there is no way anyone can tell you
what the correct size of fuse to use

Dave

voltage stabilizer use at battery car.. for car the current is ?? fuse support for car ?

What is the stabilised voltage being used to supply ?

you are going to have power coming off the battery through the stabiliser circuit then to what ??
You need to give all the information else its very difficult for me to help you

cheers
Dave

Last edited:
puteh30 said:
voltage stabilizer use at battery car.. for car the current is ?? fuse support for car ?

A fuse is there to prevent 'too much' current flowing in a circuit. It is a last ditch control to stop components and wires actually melting. Until you specify what wire gauge and what other components may need protection then there is no answer to your fuse question.

To know what voltage stabiliser you need, you must decide the supply voltage, what volts you need and, for a current controlled stabiliser, what range of current it needs to supply. Do you want it to 'current limit' or to 'shut down' when the current demand is too high?

There are off the shelf units or designs to achieve almost anything you are every likely to need. But first you must ask the right question. (Sounds like some whacky adventure game but you know what I mean)

hey sophiecentaur

as you can probably tell I'm having a really difficult time getting any helpful info out of him/her, just a tad frustrating when doing what I can to help

Dave

Dave
The Q&A method just doesn't work well at this level. I just don't think it's fashionable any more to pick up a book and hack through a whole chapter to find what they want so they try to 'get by' asking loads of undirected questions.
I can sympathise, as we've all 'been there', but when I was a lad, there was no equivalent to the Internet and you just had to make the effort on your own.
I blame the media and a lot of rubbish teaching methods that suggest that anyone can do anything with no effort.
Ranting finished.

One method of voltage stabilization for AC voltages is to use a resonant transformer.

There are 120 and 240 volt 50 amp units using an alternative approach that requires much less copper and iron, used in motor homes. A microcontroller senses line voltage and changes the taps of an autotransformer by 5 and 12%.

Related to Voltage Stabilizer in car or home

What is a voltage stabilizer?

A voltage stabilizer is an electrical device that is used to regulate and maintain a constant voltage level in a circuit. It is typically used in cars and homes to protect electronic devices from fluctuations in the power supply.

How does a voltage stabilizer work?

A voltage stabilizer works by constantly monitoring the voltage level in a circuit and automatically adjusting it to maintain a stable output. It uses a combination of capacitors, transformers, and other electronic components to achieve this.

Why is a voltage stabilizer important in cars and homes?

A voltage stabilizer is important in cars and homes because it helps to protect electronic devices from damage caused by fluctuations in the power supply. These devices are sensitive to changes in voltage and can malfunction or even get permanently damaged if the voltage is not regulated.

What are the benefits of using a voltage stabilizer?

The main benefit of using a voltage stabilizer is that it helps to protect electronic devices from damage. It also ensures a stable power supply, which can improve the performance and longevity of these devices. Additionally, a voltage stabilizer can also help to reduce energy consumption and save money on electricity bills.

How do I choose the right voltage stabilizer for my car or home?

When choosing a voltage stabilizer, it is important to consider the voltage range, load capacity, and type of protection it offers. You should also ensure that it is compatible with the electrical system in your car or home, and that it is from a reputable brand with good reviews.