Voltage Drop Calculation for Bus 2?

In summary, the conversation discusses a calculation for the final voltage on Bus 2 using per units and a three phase 11/433 tx. The final voltage obtained is 213.6 V and the person is seeking confirmation on the accuracy of their calculation, specifically the single phase tx's equivalent impedance.
nand_1
Hi,

This is not really homework but since it's homework style, I'll post it here and maybe benefit someone else.

Homework Statement

I need to calculate the final voltage on Bus 2 (labeled B2 in attached PDF). I am trying to do this using per units and my attempt is attached.

The network is simply a three phase 11/433 tx (assumed to be fully loaded) with one phase going from Bus 1 to Bus 2 via a single phase tx that is loaded at 32 A.

The final voltage I get is 213.6 V. Can someone please confirm that what I am doing is correct (particularly the single phase tx's equivalent impedance) ?.

See attached PDF for known data.

Homework Equations

11/433 is a three phase and the 433/240 is a single phase.

The Attempt at a Solution

See attached pdf.

Attachments

• Book2.pdf
    187.3 KB · Views: 318
Physics news on Phys.org
The final voltage I get is 213.6 V. Can someone please confirm that what I am doing is correct (particularly the single phase tx's equivalent impedance) ?.

Related to Voltage Drop Calculation for Bus 2?

1. What is the purpose of voltage drop calculations?

Voltage drop calculations are used to determine the amount of voltage loss that occurs in an electrical circuit. This is important because excessive voltage drop can lead to malfunctioning equipment and can be a safety hazard.

2. How is voltage drop calculated?

Voltage drop is calculated using Ohm's Law, which states that voltage drop (V) is equal to the product of current (I) and resistance (R). The formula is V = I x R. Using this formula, the voltage drop can be calculated for each component in a circuit and then added together to determine the total voltage drop.

3. What factors affect voltage drop?

The main factors that affect voltage drop include the length and gauge of the wire, the amount of current flowing through the wire, and the type of material the wire is made of. Other factors such as temperature and voltage frequency can also have an impact on voltage drop.

4. How can voltage drop be reduced?

There are several ways to reduce voltage drop, including using larger gauge wires, reducing the length of the wire, and using materials with lower resistance. Additionally, proper installation techniques, such as ensuring secure connections and avoiding sharp bends in the wire, can also help reduce voltage drop.

5. What is an acceptable voltage drop?

There is no set standard for an acceptable voltage drop, as it can vary depending on the specific application and equipment being used. However, as a general rule, a voltage drop of 5% or less is considered acceptable for most residential and commercial applications. In industrial settings, a lower voltage drop of 3% or less may be required for sensitive equipment.