Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Visibility of Remember? Checkbox

Prakhar

MHB Ambassador
MHB Ambassador
Mar 18, 2015
While logging in to our site, I initially thought that there is no option to stay signed in so that I am not logged out automatically after some time. But, I have now realized that the option is there, but, it is just not visible to most of the people because of its blue background color. Can that white background be extended a little? Doing so will bring it in attention.

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
While logging in to our site, I initially thought that there is no option to stay signed in so that I am not logged out automatically after some time. But, I have now realized that the option is there, but, it is just not visible to most of the people because of its blue background color. Can that white background be extended a little? Doing so will bring it in attention.
This is what I see:

mhblogin.png

As you can see the "Remember?" option is fully visible.

Can you post a screenshot of what you see? :D

Prakhar

MHB Ambassador
MHB Ambassador
Mar 18, 2015
I am using Mozilla Firefox version 38.0 and this is what I see:
Screenshot from 2015-05-19 11:34:35.png

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
I am using the same version of Firefox...what OS are you using?

edit: Try setting your minimum font size to "None"...I think you are using a minimum font size that is too large...:D

Prakhar

MHB Ambassador
MHB Ambassador
Mar 18, 2015
I am using Ubuntu 14.04 LTS and I have the default font settings (I haven't changed anything).

Evgeny.Makarov

MHB Math Scholar
Jan 30, 2012
Can confirm. I am using Ubuntu 14.04 with Firefox 38, and I set minimum font size to None. The word "Remember?" is at the lower edge of the white region and can be easily missed.

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
Can confirm. I am using Ubuntu 14.04 with Firefox 38, and I set minimum font size to None. The word "Remember?" is at the lower edge of the white region and can be easily missed.
I have added some CSS to try to correct this issue...what do you get now?

Evgeny.Makarov

MHB Math Scholar
Jan 30, 2012
I am still getting this.

login.png

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
Thanks for your feedback. (Yes)

Okay, rather than using vBulletin's StyleVar setting for those two input elements, I have hard-coded the font-size value...what do you get now?

Evgeny.Makarov

MHB Math Scholar
Jan 30, 2012
Sorry, the password is still under the username in Firefox. I set the font size to 10 and reloaded the page using Ctrl-F5, which is supposed to override cache. On the other hand, Chrome shows the password element to the right of the username element.

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
I have no idea why Ubuntu's flavor of Firefox is ignoring the CSS there. Since my additional CSS selector is being ignored, I am just going to remove it, and chalk this up to a Ubuntu/Firefox problem.

Klaas van Aarsen

MHB Seeker
Staff member
Mar 5, 2012
I can see that the font in Ubuntu/Firefox is slightly wider than it is in Windows/Chrome.
As a result the password edit box wraps to the next line, which in turn results in the remember check box falling off.

Reducing the width of the User Name and Password edit boxes by 1 or 2 characters will probably fix the problem.
Even better would be to give them a fixed pixel width, which they need to be to fit in the surrounding bitmap.