Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

[SOLVED] viewing forum from a mobile device

dwsmith

Feb 1, 2012
If I click on an option with a drop down menu that goes over an ad, I am taking to the the ad when selecting my option even if I clicked the item correctly from the drop down menu.

Ackbach

Indicium Physicus
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
Are you using the Mobile Style on your mobile device?

dwsmith

Feb 1, 2012
Are you using the Mobile Style on your mobile device?
I don't know what mobile style is. I was using my browser for an Android phone.

Ackbach

Indicium Physicus
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
Try Settings -> General Settings, and scroll all the way to the bottom. You should see a drop-down listbox entitled "Forum Skin". From there, choose the Mobile Style, and see if that doesn't work better on your Android.

dwsmith

Feb 1, 2012
Try Settings -> General Settings, and scroll all the way to the bottom. You should see a drop-down listbox entitled "Forum Skin". From there, choose the Mobile Style, and see if that doesn't work better on your Android.
This option doesn't exist on my phone.

Ackbach

Indicium Physicus
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
This option doesn't exist on my phone.
Then I would try getting at these options on a regular computer first. If you almost exclusively access MHB on your Android, then you can leave the settings as is. Incidentally, the regular style for a regular computer is MHB Style. That's what you should go back to on a regular computer.

Ackbach

Indicium Physicus
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
Try it again now.

dwsmith

Feb 1, 2012

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
Check you PMs please dwsmith.

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
I have made a couple of changes that make it possible to use the drop-down menus on a mobile phone but you still have to be careful. What you need to do is zoom in a lot and be very precise when you click on an option from a drop-down menu. I tested it on my android phone and while it wasn't working before it does work now.

Jameson