Video Monitor jack repair, Power and signal

In summary, the conversation is about repairing a broken jack on a Fahrenheit 7” LCD Wide Color Vision monitor. The monitor only has a female connector and a cable with 8 pins that connects to a box where the jack broke. The individual seeking help will need to figure out which 8 pins correspond to the 12 on the board. They are advised to locate another unit and use a multimeter to determine which pins on the din connector connect to which pads on the PCB. Contacting the manufacturer for information is also suggested, but may not be successful.
thurst
Video Monitor Jack repair

I have a Fahrenheit 7” LCD Wide Color Vision monitor that has a broken jack.
DSC02209.jpg

From the monitor is only this female connector:
DSC02212.jpg

Then there is a cable that goes from 8 pins to 24 pins (I count 12 on each half?):
DSC02218.jpg

Next after that cable is the box, where the jack broke. The power and video for the monitor are fed by a cable from this box.
DSC02220.jpg

The broken jack is lost so I’ll have to figure out which of the 8 pins correspond to the 12 on the board.
DSC02216.jpg

DSC02219.jpg

DSC02217.jpg

Please help! How do I figure out which pins supply the power and the correct video signals.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Welcome to PhysicsForums!

Are you going to attempt to cut off the jack end and then solder the wires directly onto the PCB? If so, I'd locate another unit and use a multimeter to figure out which pins on the din connector connect to which pads on the PCB. If you don't have another unit, you could try to contact the manufacturer, but getting information like that is always kind of iffy.

Related to Video Monitor jack repair, Power and signal

1. What is a video monitor jack?

A video monitor jack is a connector that allows you to connect your video monitor to other devices, such as a computer or DVD player, in order to display images or videos on the monitor.

2. How do I repair a video monitor jack?

The process for repairing a video monitor jack will depend on the specific issue you are experiencing. In general, you may need to replace the damaged jack or its internal components, such as wires or connectors. It is recommended to seek professional assistance for repairing a video monitor jack.

3. What is the power source for a video monitor jack?

The power source for a video monitor jack can vary depending on the device. Some jacks may draw power from the device it is connected to, while others may require a separate power source, such as a wall outlet or USB port.

4. How do I ensure a strong signal for my video monitor jack?

To ensure a strong signal for your video monitor jack, make sure the cables are securely connected and in good condition. You may also need to adjust the settings on your device or monitor to optimize the signal. If the issue persists, there may be an issue with the jack itself and it may need to be repaired or replaced.

5. Can I use a video monitor jack with any type of monitor?

Video monitor jacks are designed to be compatible with a variety of monitors, but it is important to check the specifications and compatibility of the jack and monitor before using them together. Some monitors may require a specific type of jack or adapter in order to work properly.