If the Hornets win the play-offs, I will

• Thread starter N_Quire
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolved around the topic of sponsoring PF for a year. N_Quire offered to sponsor PF for three years if the Utah team won the NCAA Championships, but they had already lost. They then mentioned the Hornets, who were 2-1 down in the series against Philly, and expressed their love for New Orleans. The topic of a new football team in Houston also came up. The conversation then shifted to the Hornets' performance in the series and the possibility of funding PF through sports betting. The conversation ended with a discussion about the Hornets' defeat and their move from Charlotte to New Orleans. The overall tone was one of disappointment towards the Hornets and their lack of success.
N_Quire
sponsor PF for a whole year. I promise.

Physics news on Phys.org
Originally posted by N_Quire
sponsor PF for a whole year. I promise.
Wow are they loosing that bad. Okay, if Utah wins the NCAA Championships I'll sponsor PF for three years. Oh wait, doh, they already lost. Ohh well.

Hang on, at the time of writing the Hornets were only 2-1 down in the series against Philly. I am still sticking my neck out and I love New Orleans.

Hang on, at the time of writing the Hornets were only 2-1 down in the series against Philly. I am still sticking my neck out and I love New Orleans.

When the heck did they move to New Orleans? I thought that they were still in Charlotte. Man I'm outta things. I also heard that there's a new football team, like the Houston Texans or something. What is up with all this, I need a tv, seriously!

Yep, they moved from Charlotte to New Orleans and are doing fine there.

The Hornets won game 5. 76ers lead them 3-2.

So do you have a bet on the series or something that if you win you get a large amount of money to fund a year of pf with ... or do you just really like the Hornets and PF?

Yes to all questions

Yes to all questions
Nice! PF should find a user who's big into sports and good at calling games and get him (notice I'm being a terrible sexist here and automatically assuming it would be a guy) to enter all sorts of office pools to fund pf. Nah just kidding, maybe if this were a sports forum it would work though...

It has been a good series, the last 2 games at least, so far. I watch last night, and I am a 76ers fan, so I was disappointed, I do think the Hornets are a good team, and certainly have a lot of talent, but if they can't dispose of th 76ers easily, there is no chance of them winning or even getting to the finals.

But hey, it could happen:smile: I'm going for T-Wolves.

76ers are favorites for sure. The Hornets seem to lack that last bit of extra magic that could lift them.

oh well, the 76ers beat the Hornets.

ya, the hornets are a buncha damn traders. They were whining about needing a new stadium, and this was right after 9/11 and Charlotte was more concerned with security then getting the losing B-ball team a new stadium, so they packed up and left.

I hear we're (NC) getting a new team soon though.

ALthough I'm sure PF could use the year long sponsorship, I hope the hornets lose miserably.

1. What will you do if the Hornets win the play-offs?

If the Hornets win the play-offs, I will celebrate and probably attend their victory parade.

2. Are you confident that the Hornets will win the play-offs?

I am hopeful that the Hornets will win the play-offs, but there is no guarantee in sports.

3. Have the Hornets ever won the play-offs before?

Yes, the Hornets have won the play-offs once before in 2010.

4. How many teams are in the play-offs with the Hornets?

There are a total of 16 teams in the NBA play-offs, with 8 from the Eastern Conference and 8 from the Western Conference.

5. When will the play-offs take place and how long do they last?

The play-offs typically take place from April to June and can last up to 2 months, depending on the length of each series.