Velocity question i can't figure it out

In summary, the conversation is about a person trying to solve a problem related to velocity. They are throwing a baseball straight up from the ground with an initial velocity of 10.0 m/s [up], and the acceleration of the ball is 9.81 m/s 2 [down]. The person is asking for help in finding the velocity of the ball after 0.50 s and 1.50 s and the expert suggests using the Kinematical equations to solve the problem.
BUTTER-BENZ
Velocity question...i can't figure it out :(

A person throws a baseball straight up from the ground. The baseball leaves the persons hand with an initial velocity of 10.0 m/s [up]. The acceleration of the ball is 9.81 m/s 2 [down]. Assume up as the positive direction.

a. what is the velocity of the baseball after 0.50 s?
b. what is the velocity of the baseball after 1.50 s?

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH IN ADVANCE!

Physics news on Phys.org

please answer :(

BUTTER-BENZ said:
A person throws a baseball straight up from the ground. The baseball leaves the persons hand with an initial velocity of 10.0 m/s [up]. The acceleration of the ball is 9.81 m/s 2 [down]. Assume up as the positive direction.

a. what is the velocity of the baseball after 0.50 s?
b. what is the velocity of the baseball after 1.50 s?

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH IN ADVANCE!

How would you go about solving the problem?

What is it you are stuck on?

For instance I know how to figure it out, but I'm not getting the grade, nor am I taking your tests.

How do you think to go about it?

I seriously have no idea...
this whole velocity is driving me crazy..
can you explain?

well, you know the Kinematical equations.
v = u + at
s = ut + 0.5at^2
v^2 = u^2 + 2as
Use them

BUTTER-BENZ said:
I seriously have no idea...
this whole velocity is driving me crazy..
can you explain?

let's start by asking you this : what formula's for velocity do you know ?

marlon

Related to Velocity question i can't figure it out

What is velocity?

Velocity is a measure of how fast an object is moving in a specific direction. It is typically measured in meters per second (m/s) or kilometers per hour (km/h).

How is velocity calculated?

Velocity is calculated by dividing the displacement of an object by the time it takes to travel that distance. The formula for velocity is v = d/t, where v is velocity, d is displacement, and t is time.

What is the difference between velocity and speed?

Velocity and speed are often used interchangeably, but they have different meanings in physics. Velocity includes both speed and direction, while speed only measures how fast an object is moving regardless of direction.

How is velocity affected by acceleration?

Acceleration is the rate of change of velocity over time. If an object is accelerating, its velocity will change, either by increasing or decreasing. This means that acceleration has a direct effect on an object's velocity.

How is velocity used in real life?

Velocity is used in many real-life applications, such as in transportation, sports, and engineering. It is also a crucial concept in physics, as it helps us understand the motion of objects and how they interact with each other.