Mathematical Physics (Butkov)

In summary, J-F is a student in physics engineering looking for a free electronic version of the book "Mathematical Physics" by Eugene Butkov. They mention the book is expensive and only available in paperback. They ask if there are any other books available in pdf format. It is unlikely to find free electronic versions of textbooks due to copyright infringement, but a used copy of "Mathematical Physics" can be found for $61.00. Another option is to try Scribd for a pdf version.
J-F
I am a student in physics engineering and I recently heard about a book called "Mathematical Physics" written by Eugene Butkov. I would like to know if there is a free electronic version (like .pdf) of this book over the Internet because the book itself is very expensive and it is only paperback. If not, is there another book that I could find in pdf format.

Thank you
J-F

Physics news on Phys.org
Originally posted by J-F
I am a student in physics engineering and I recently heard about a book called "Mathematical Physics" written by Eugene Butkov. I would like to know if there is a free electronic version (like .pdf) of this book over the Internet because the book itself is very expensive and it is only paperback. If not, is there another book that I could find in pdf format.

Thank you
J-F

I have to say it's unlikely as textbooks are very expensive and putting them on the inetrnet is an infringment of copyright. I found this used copy for $61.00:

http://dogbert.abebooks.com/abe/BookDetails?bi=89057267

Try

http://www.scribd.com/doc/3769413/Mathematical-Physics-Eugene-Butkov?autodown=pdf

1. What is Mathematical Physics?

Mathematical Physics is a branch of physics that uses mathematical methods to explain and understand physical phenomena. It involves applying mathematical concepts and techniques to solve problems in physics.

2. What are some examples of topics covered in Mathematical Physics?

Some examples of topics covered in Mathematical Physics include classical mechanics, quantum mechanics, electromagnetism, statistical mechanics, and fluid dynamics.

3. How is Mathematical Physics different from Theoretical Physics?

Mathematical Physics focuses on using mathematical methods to describe and explain physical phenomena, while Theoretical Physics focuses on developing models and theories to explain and predict physical phenomena.

4. Is a strong background in mathematics necessary for studying Mathematical Physics?

Yes, a strong foundation in mathematics, particularly in areas such as calculus, linear algebra, and differential equations, is crucial for understanding and applying the mathematical concepts used in Mathematical Physics.

5. What are the potential applications of Mathematical Physics?

Mathematical Physics has numerous applications in various fields, such as engineering, astronomy, and materials science. It is also essential for developing new technologies and understanding complex natural phenomena.