Project: Monkey Chow Diet - An Experiment in Human Nutrition | Day 1

• Thread starter eNtRopY
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Project
In summary, the speaker has been on a Monkey Chow diet for 15 days and has not noticed any physical or emotional changes. The three goals of the experiment are to see if humans can survive on Monkey Chow, if it can be a viable food source for large populations, and to challenge the speaker's ego by denying themselves other food. The conversation includes a joke about using rejected zoo monkeys in the Chow and the speaker's struggle to resist other food while on the diet.
eNtRopY
The New World Monkey Chow Diet -- an Experiment in Human Nutrition

Day 1:

It's been 24 hours now since I started the Monkey Chow diet. I observe no noticeable changes in my physical appearance or my emotional behavior.

I hope to accomplish three goals through this experiment.

1) Find out if man can indeed live on Monkey Chow alone.
2) Test the possibility of feeding the masses a nutritious, mass-processed, non-perishible food-stuff.
3) Test my endurance to release the ego by denying myself the frivolous pleasure of eating for an extended period of time.

eNtRopY

Biology news on Phys.org
Entropy, sounds interesting. But, what in the world is this Monkey Chow you speak of?

Is it all the monkeys which the Zoo's reject, chucked in a big blender, then distributed to the homeless as a nutritional suppliment?

Originally posted by Another God
Is it all the monkeys which the Zoo's reject, chucked in a big blender, then distributed to the homeless as a nutritional suppliment?

Do you reckon that this is the ingredient that Pan was chucking into its supplements?

(Note: An in joke for all Australians).

Last edited:
Day 7

Damn, a pizza sure would taste good right now.

eNtRopY

Is it working?

Day 14

Note to self: Don't eat Monkey Chow in front of coworkers.

eNtRopY

Day 15:

Ooh ooh ooh! Ahh ahh!

eNtRopY

I can't stand the pressure any more... did the Monkey Chow stuff worked?:smile:

1. What is the purpose of the Monkey Chow Diet experiment?

The purpose of the Monkey Chow Diet experiment is to investigate the effects of consuming a diet primarily consisting of monkey chow on human nutrition and health.

2. How long will the experiment last?

The experiment will last for 30 days, with the participants consuming only monkey chow as their main source of nutrition.

3. What is monkey chow and why was it chosen for this experiment?

Monkey chow is a commercial food product specifically designed for feeding monkeys in captivity. It contains a balanced mix of vitamins, minerals, and nutrients that are essential for the health of monkeys. It was chosen for this experiment as it provides a controlled and consistent source of nutrition, making it easier to track the effects of the diet on human health.

4. Will the participants be allowed to eat any other foods during the experiment?

No, the participants will only be allowed to consume monkey chow for the duration of the experiment. This is to ensure that the results are not influenced by other food sources.

5. What measurements will be taken to track the effects of the diet on human health?

The participants' weight, body mass index (BMI), blood pressure, and blood samples will be taken at the beginning and end of the experiment. These measurements will be used to assess the effects of the diet on their overall health and any potential changes in their nutrient levels.