The last time you Cried/Laughed

• Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Time
In summary: I cry about once a week, usually when something sad happens.In summary, the last time I cried was when one of my kittens died about 7 weeks ago. The last time I meaningfully laughed (I mean with feeling, not a hollow or empty laugh) was over 4 months ago. The last time a meaningfully laughed was yesterday, when I was teasing a friend about the guy she liked. Ha ha.
quddusaliquddus
When was the last time you cried or laughed? :frown: / :biggrin:

Physics news on Phys.org
I laugh about a million times a day; I think I cried last maybe a few months ago.

- Warren

Hmm the last time I cried was when one of my kittens died about 7 weeks ago. The last time I meaningfully laughed (I mean with feeling, not a hollow or empty laugh) was over 4 months ago.

The last time a meaningfully laughed was yesterday, when I was teasing a friend about the guy she liked. Ha ha. It was halarious!

jimmy p can always make me laugh. I cried for the little kitten too. :frown:

I laughed so hard I cried today. Is that two for one?

I laugh about once a day and cry about once a day too.

I laugh from several to dozens of times a day. I last cried on thursday evening when the final episode of Friends got me kind of weepy. I couldn't stand seeing the purple apartement all bare and empty.

Cried: Last night. I randomly cry every few days because I am cyclic.
Laughed: About a half an hour ago while talking to a guy in my dorm.

chroot said:
I laugh about a million times a day
Same here :rofl:

I've forgotten when was the last time I cried, perhaps last month, or few months ago.

Origionally posted by jimmyp
The last time I meaningfully laughed (I mean with feeling, not a hollow or empty laugh) was over 4 months ago.

Bollocks was it! You definitely laughed a meaningful laugh 2 weeks ago on the 26th april, you may not remember much of it but you had such a damn good laugh, absolutely steaming drunk, fighting with mc cannon on the back seat of my car, singing along to Paradise City and Sweet child O' mine, that was a good night.

:rolleyes:

4 months my arse.

Not really. Meaningful laughs are ones that make me feel good inside. Ones that really change my mood. The day after that was funny to hear about but it didnt make me feel good about life. There is a difference between just laughing and a feel good laugh. I laugh all the time but don't really feel it.

The last time I laughed is when I went out with a couple of friends. The last time I cried is..well, that's getting too personal now ;)

I laugh all the time but don't really feel it.

Dont gimme that bull****, i remember you cant, that is the most fun i have seen you have for a long time. Its a real shame that its been a while but i do try.

I usually laugh when I watch the Simpsons, and that is usually twice a day during 5 and 6 o'clock.

Cant remember precisely the last time I cried.

motai said:
I usually laugh when I watch the Simpsons, and that is usually twice a day during 5 and 6 o'clock.

Cant remember precisely the last time I cried.

Me too. I hit myself on the head with a mallet after each episode to erase my short term memory. I hope it isn't having any other effects.

Njorl

I make sure I have a laugh at least once each day by watching reruns of the Simpsons. For some reason, they always seem fresh.

Njorl

ok being piss-drunk doesn't count.

What is the scientific explanation behind crying/laughing?

The act of crying or laughing is a complex physiological and psychological response. When we cry, our body releases tears through our tear ducts, which are located in the corners of our eyes. These tears are made up of water, salt, and proteins and are produced by the lacrimal gland. Crying is often triggered by emotions such as sadness, joy, or frustration, and the brain sends signals to the lacrimal gland to produce tears. Similarly, laughing is also a response to emotional stimuli, and it involves the contraction of facial muscles and the release of endorphins, which are hormones that promote feelings of pleasure and happiness.

Why do people cry/laugh when they watch emotional movies or TV shows?

Crying or laughing while watching something emotional is a common response known as emotional contagion. This is because our brains are wired to mirror the emotions of others, especially when we are invested in a particular story or character. When we see someone laughing or crying, it triggers a similar emotional response in us, leading to tears or laughter.

Is crying/laughing good for our health?

Yes, crying and laughing can have positive effects on our physical and emotional well-being. Crying can help release built-up emotions and reduce stress levels, while laughing can boost our immune system, lower blood pressure, and improve our mood. Both acts can also help build social connections and improve relationships with others.

Why do we sometimes cry/laugh uncontrollably?

In some cases, crying or laughing can become uncontrollable, which is known as an emotional outburst. This can happen when our emotional responses are heightened due to overwhelming stress or trauma, or when we are experiencing a neurological condition such as pseudobulbar affect (PBA). PBA is a condition that causes uncontrollable episodes of laughing or crying, often unrelated to the current emotional state.

Can crying/laughing be a sign of a more serious underlying issue?

In most cases, crying and laughing are natural responses to emotional stimuli and are not indicative of a serious issue. However, if these responses are excessive or interfere with daily life, it may be a sign of a more serious condition such as depression, anxiety, or neurological disorders. If you are concerned about your crying or laughing patterns, it is best to consult a healthcare professional for an evaluation.