VB database Highlight SEARCHED CHARACTERS

• Thread starter Mike Phan
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Database
In summary, the person is experiencing a minor issue with their VB6 database program's SEARCH function. They are looking for a way to highlight the found characters in the corresponding row, as the cursor currently moves to the first instance of the characters. They are seeking help from others and suggest checking documentation for possible solutions.
Mike Phan
Hi,

My VB6 database program SEARCH function is working alright, but not perfect.

For example, as the time I type characters in the SEARCH box, the cursor from the database table will move to coresponding row which has those characters. If the row has more than two the same characters as the search box, I don't know which one the program meant to point to.

Therefore, I want that the found characters (in the row) would be highlighted. Anyone can help me this? Thanks a lot!

Mike Phan

Technology news on Phys.org
What exactly is the problem...?

If you don't know how to do it, check your documentation. Not many people here would know VB6 this intimately. So unless there's a specific problem you need help with, we can't just code something for you.

Show us what's wrong, if there is a problem. If not, look for certain functionality in your documentation.

Hi Mike,

Thank you for reaching out with your question. I understand that you are looking for a way to highlight the searched characters in your VB6 database program. This would definitely make it easier for you to identify which row the program is pointing to.

One solution you could try is using the "Find and Replace" feature in VB6. This allows you to search for specific characters or strings and then replace them with highlighted versions. This way, when you type in the search box, all the matching characters in the row will be highlighted, making it easier for you to see which characters the program is pointing to.

Another option would be to use conditional formatting in your database table. This allows you to set certain criteria for highlighting cells or rows based on the data in them. You can set the criteria to highlight any cells or rows that contain the searched characters, making it easier for you to identify them.

I hope these suggestions help and that you are able to find a solution that works for your program. If you need any further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Related to VB database Highlight SEARCHED CHARACTERS

1. What is a VB database Highlight SEARCHED CHARACTERS?

A VB database Highlight SEARCHED CHARACTERS is a feature in Visual Basic programming language that allows users to highlight specific characters or strings in a database search result. This makes it easier for users to identify and locate the information they are looking for.

2. How does the VB database Highlight SEARCHED CHARACTERS work?

The VB database Highlight SEARCHED CHARACTERS works by using a code that identifies the searched characters or strings in the database and then applies a highlighting effect to them. This can be done through various methods such as using conditional formatting or programming the highlighting function directly into the database.

3. Can the VB database Highlight SEARCHED CHARACTERS be customized?

Yes, the VB database Highlight SEARCHED CHARACTERS can be customized according to the user's preferences. Users can choose the color, font, and size of the highlighting effect, as well as the characters or strings to be highlighted. This allows for a more personalized and efficient database search experience.

4. Is the VB database Highlight SEARCHED CHARACTERS available in all versions of Visual Basic?

The VB database Highlight SEARCHED CHARACTERS feature may vary depending on the version of Visual Basic being used. Some older versions may not have this feature, while newer versions may have more advanced highlighting options. It is best to check the specific version's documentation to see if this feature is available.

5. Are there any limitations to using the VB database Highlight SEARCHED CHARACTERS?

One limitation of using the VB database Highlight SEARCHED CHARACTERS is that it may slow down the database search process, especially if there are a large number of characters or strings to highlight. Additionally, this feature may not be effective if the searched characters or strings are misspelled or not accurately entered.