Who was the weirdest kid/s you knew in school ?

• Thread starter KL70
  • Start date
  • Tags
    School
In summary, the conversation discusses the weirdest kids that the participants knew in high school or elementary school and whether they became successful or not. Some of the participants also share their own experiences of being considered weird or outcasts in school.
KL70
Who was the weirdest kid/s (whatever your definition of that is) that you knew (well, or only casually) at high or elementary school (or know if still at school) and do you know what happened to the person/s ? Did they become successful and have the last laugh on others, or did things not work out so well for them unfortunately.

Physics news on Phys.org
Originally posted by KL70
Who was the weirdest kid/s (whatever your definition of that is) that you knew (well, or only casually) at high or elementary school
I was. I didn't socialize with other kids my age because I thought they were too immature and I just couldn't relate to them. I had a late night radio program at the age of 15 (on an all volunteer, public supported radio station) no one knew my age. Our transmitter was bombed by the Ku Klux Klan. Not a single normal person worked there, I fit right in. :wink:

Did they become successful and have the last laugh on others, or did things not work out so well for them unfortunately. [/B]
The verdict isn't in yet.

Me i think!

Originally posted by Evo
I didn't socialize with other kids my age because I thought they were too immature and I just couldn't relate to them.
Friends of mine are 24/26 and are still too immature

Originally posted by Monique
Friends of mine are 24/26 and are still too immature
I'm not surprised. You seem to have it quite together Monique. :smile:

I went to high school in the late 1960s and early 70s. At that time no one in the general public had ever heard of an autistic/savant. When I found out years later what that meant (think: Rainman) I realized suddenly what had been up with this one guy I went to high school with: social basket case, perfect recall of unbelievably long lists of completely unimportant information, rigid adherence to daily routines and the same food, and sudden, object throwing tantrums. Autistic/savants are rare and I feel lucky to have known him.

A kid everyone called 4 eyes!

Originally posted by KL70
Who was the weirdest kid/s (whatever your definition of that is) that you knew (well, or only casually) at high or elementary school (or know if still at school) and do you know what happened to the person/s ? Did they become successful and have the last laugh on others, or did things not work out so well for them unfortunately.

This kid from high school that would sleep every math class, wakes up only to take tests and gets a 95-100 each friggin time.

He always borrows my notes when exams are getting close heh.

Whats up with all this immature kids bashing? Whats so wrong with being immature?

jk

The strangest kid I know was a kid who was not allowed to watch tv until he was 12. As a result he could not handle violence. Not like he was afraid of violence, when he saw it he became violent. My parents made me invite him to my overnight birthday party a while ago. We set up a dreamcast and then watched some tv till we fell asleep. Next morning this kid has his eyes 3 inches from the screen playing GTA2 gripping the controler like he was trying to strangle it to death. His eyes were bloodshot, it was very scary.

Last I heard about him he was kicked out of a math/science camp because he was spending his free time killing chipmunks.

I guess I was the outcast in school at times, not sure if I was the weird kid though I got called a bunch of names, but who doesn't, never really bothered me

In primary school I got called 'straw along the waterside' where straw is a leaf of grass, I think that was pretty original :P they were commenting on my slender appearance ;)

Originally posted by Evo: I'm not surprised. You seem to have it quite together Monique.
Oh thanks :O) I wish they were too though, at least the age difference is getting smaller by the day.. at least I hope..

who was the wierdest kid i knew in high school? hrmm...let me think on that one for a minute...i'd hafta say that was....ME...I had evo & moniques problem. All the kids i went to school with were on the maturity level of a 12 yr old...and i was way up there compared to them...we just didnt really get along because what they found funny i had stopped seeing as funny years before usually...oh well I still get the last laugh because I got outta the small town and their still there...

-Ty

One of my best friends was a bisexual, anarchist, Scottish, Jewish, cartoonist who wrote music and wore the thickest glesses I've ever seen. I believe he does computer animation now. Haven't talked to him in many years.

Njorl

Weirdest kid huh.

I knew this guy in first grade that drew anatomical paper dolls, showing all of the organs, bones, muscles and even pasted red and blue threads on the paper for veins. This same kid wrote horror stories, and had pointed tops to his ears (really) so the kids all teased him about being from outer space. He was quiet, shy, tall, thin, pale and had asthma. Almost every year the school nurse told his parents he probably was anemic. He started school when he was four instead of five so he was a year younger than all of his classmates.

This was me. Yup, I join the ranks of Evo, Monique, Jimmy, twizted1 as among the weirdest ones in my school.

Im almost 13 and I am in middle school.
IM in an advanced class program, yet I am still one of odd ones.
Its probably because no one seems to get my subtle, sarcastic jokes. They call me names like Einstein (Which I think is dumb), And "genius"
Other kids think its weird that I think. Sometimes, I'll be sitting down staring at something and thinking. people walk over to me and ask what I'm doing, and I say "thinking." They just say I am weird.

They like me, but think I am weird just the same.

Originally posted by The_Professional
This kid from high school that would sleep every math class, wakes up only to take tests and gets a 95-100 each friggin time.

He always borrows my notes when exams are getting close heh.

Hey that was you? btw, can I see your notes on Fourier transforms? got a test tommorrow...

Yep- I was that kid *stretches from his nap*

Usually it was because I already knew the stuff anyhow. They're teaching us x-15=5, solve for x, I'm sitting there trying to envision how a tesseract might be perceived in 3 dimensions. Eventually the school caught up to where I was at..

My, my, aren't there a lot of us that are outcasts?

Personally, I wouldn't consider myself as weird but my teachers and classmates in school all believe otherwise. But really, I think that they are the ones that should be labelled as weird. Every morning, everyone at school joyfully marches in rank and file to the school field to sing the national anthem, and then to recite the prayer. In all, the entire process eats up 20 minutes of my precious time and this happens on a daily basis! Also, we are given huge mounds of homework and are expected to finish all of them in time. Most of my classmates sleep at around midnight everyday (for the sake of homework, not hormones) and wake up at five in the morning (to complete outstanding homework). And they do this with joy! They spend ALL their time doing homework that strike me as unnecessary and too elementary, and yet they still seem cheerful. None of them have time to watch TV, read magazines, or to generally spend time on things outside of school! Even during weekends!

So what is your verdict? Am I the weird one (trying to go against the local system in Brunei) or does the title go to them?

Originally posted by Zantra
Hey that was you? btw, can I see your notes on Fourier transforms? got a test tommorrow...

Yep- I was that kid *stretches from his nap*

Usually it was because I already knew the stuff anyhow. They're teaching us x-15=5, solve for x, I'm sitting there trying to envision how a tesseract might be perceived in 3 dimensions. Eventually the school caught up to where I was at..

I was always the one in class coloring in the pages and writing the occasional thing down to look like i was paying attention...couldnt sleep in mine or else I woulda been...

-Ty

1. Who was the weirdest kid I knew in school?

Every person's definition of "weird" is different, so the answer to this question will vary from scientist to scientist. However, some common characteristics of a "weird" kid could include unusual interests or behaviors, difficulty fitting in with peers, or a unique sense of humor.

2. What makes someone "weird" in school?

Again, this is subjective and can vary from person to person. Some may consider someone weird if they have unconventional interests or hobbies, while others may see someone as weird if they have trouble socializing or conforming to societal norms. Ultimately, the label of "weird" is often placed on individuals who don't fit into the expected mold.

3. What caused the weirdest kid to act the way they did?

There is no one answer to this question, as every individual is unique and has their own reasons for behaving or thinking in a certain way. Some "weird" kids may have had unusual experiences or upbringings that shaped their behavior, while others may simply have a different perspective on life. It's important to avoid making assumptions or judgments about a person's behavior without understanding their individual circumstances.

4. Did the weird kid change or grow out of their weirdness?

It's impossible to say for certain whether the "weird" kid will change or grow out of their behavior. People are constantly evolving and changing, and what may have seemed weird in school may not be perceived that way in adulthood. It's important to remember that everyone is on their own journey and should be allowed to be their authentic selves without judgment.

5. How did you interact with the weirdest kid in school?

Again, this will vary from scientist to scientist. Some may have befriended the "weird" kid, while others may have simply observed them from a distance. It's important to treat all individuals with kindness and respect, regardless of how "weird" they may seem. You never know what someone may be going through or how your actions may impact them.