I'm thinking about joining Mensa

• Thread starter Laser Eyes
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Thinking
In summary, people who join Mensa generally think it's a good thing because they meet other intelligent people, but others think it's an elitist organization that's only for those who are already smart.
to a certain degree i would agree tht perception, logic skills, problem solving etc can be Learnt. but if you have very low logic skills for instance you not going to become some genius at logic, you can only improve on these basic skill sets by a small amount.

Physics news on Phys.org
Originally posted by J-Man
M.E.N.S.A.
----------
Monstrous Egos Necessitate Superficial Authority
Members Essentially Not Stupid, Academically
Mental Elitists Need Segregated Association
Members Exhibit Nauseatingly Superior Attitude

ROFLMAO. You cracked me up BH.

Originally posted by LogicalAtheist
Apparently you were:

1. kicked out of mensa
2. not allowed in
3. Can't get in even if you tried

Which is it?!?

4) None of the above 3.
5) Never asked to get in.
6) Never wanted to get in.
7) Answers 4 through 6.

The correct answer is (7). :smile:
I just thought those were funny. I have nothing personal against MENSA; I don't really think about them.
And one of the first things a MENSA member will tell you is that MENSA is not an acronym. (That's what they want us to believe.:wink: )

(edit: ficksed sum spelin)

Last edited:
I oughtta take an IQ test and see how I stack up nowadays.. the only data I have is that way back in elementary school I was roughly tied with two other kids for being the smartest person out of 600, so I'd be in like the top 1/200, I guess, unless my verbal knowledge hasn't grown proportionally

Damn, though, the test questions I see there are sticky

It's like the test is designed to be hard no matter how smart you are.. I think I prefer being a big fish in a small pond

I agree with the J-Man, I think. These organizations do seem like they're just some elitist BS, really

You don't need to talk to geniuses if you're a genius; anyone, no matter how stupid, can come up with interesting things you never will

I guess going there to meet women might make sense, but other than that, MENSA seems just as bad as the elitist 14 year olds on Battle.net who'll mess you up at War3 and then call you a "n00b", then spew half-witted Nazi garbage to each other on the forums about how the "n00bs" are ruining everything and suggesting ways to get rid of them

Hmm.. I wonder if there're any regular IQ tests I could take cheaply.. I'll bet that even if I'm not still in the top .5%, I'll at least be in the top 95% of people