Using CD4007 IC for Single Stage MOSFET Amplifiers

• Thread starter pforpashya
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Ic
In summary, the conversation discusses the implementation of CD, CS, and CG MOSFET amplifiers using discrete ICs such as 2N4351 and BS170. The individual has also seen the datasheet of the CD4007 IC, which contains 3 NMOS and 3 PMOS transistors connected in CMOS fashion. The individual has a question about what to do with the PMOS transistors if only NMOS is needed. They also have a question about giving VDD supply when using only M3, and whether a separate VDD is needed or if the general practice of connecting +VDD to pin 14 still applies.
pforpashya
I have to implement CD,CS,CG MOSFET amplifiers. I have discrete IC's such as 2N4351 and BS170. I also have CD4007 IC. How to use CD4007 to implement single stage MOSFET amplifiers. I have seen Datasheet of CD4007, it has 3 NMOS and 3 PMOS transistors connected in cmos fashion. As I will be needing only NMOS, what to to do of the PMOS transistor? should i just keep them open?

Also i have query regarding giving VDD supply ? if i am using only M3 do i need to give a separate VDD as in general we connect +VDD to pin 14 only

Thanks in advance

Engineering news on Phys.org
Try read this
http://www.sentex.ca/~mec1995/tutorial/xtor/xtor10/xtor10.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Related to Using CD4007 IC for Single Stage MOSFET Amplifiers

1. What is a CD4007 IC and how does it work?

A CD4007 IC is a type of integrated circuit that contains multiple MOSFET transistors. It is commonly used as a switch or amplifier in electronic circuits. The MOSFET transistors in the CD4007 IC work by controlling the flow of current between the source and drain terminals based on the voltage applied to the gate terminal.

2. Can CD4007 ICs be used for single stage MOSFET amplifiers?

Yes, CD4007 ICs can be used for single stage MOSFET amplifiers. In fact, they are a popular choice for this type of amplifier due to their low cost and compact size.

3. What are the advantages of using CD4007 ICs for single stage MOSFET amplifiers?

One advantage of using CD4007 ICs is that they require minimal external components, making them easy to use and cost-effective. They also have a wide operating voltage range and can operate at high frequencies, making them suitable for a variety of applications.

4. Are there any limitations to using CD4007 ICs for single stage MOSFET amplifiers?

One limitation of using CD4007 ICs is that they have a low power handling capability compared to other types of MOSFETs. They are also not suitable for high power applications as they can overheat and fail. Additionally, they have a limited voltage range and may not be suitable for applications that require high voltage amplification.

5. How can I ensure optimal performance when using CD4007 ICs for single stage MOSFET amplifiers?

To ensure optimal performance, it is important to carefully select the external components, such as resistors and capacitors, that will be used with the CD4007 IC. It is also important to properly bias the MOSFETs and ensure that the circuit is properly designed and laid out. Testing and adjusting the circuit can also help to optimize its performance.