User Banned Twice: Record & Frequency

• Thread starter Frabjous
  • Start date
In summary, a user was banned twice for creating multiple accounts in violation of the rules against ban evasion. It is rare for a user to have more than two bans. However, it is not encouraged to name a record for the number of bans as it could encourage others to break it.
Frabjous
Gold Member
I noticed that a user was banned yesterday, created a second account and was banned again.
What’s the record?
How common are more than two bans?

Physics news on Phys.org
We ban users, not accounts. Making additional accounts is ban evasion and we'll ban them, too.

More than two accounts are rare but it does happen.

Naming a record would be counter-productive, we don't want to encourage anyone to break it.

Likes Astronuc, Frabjous, Wrichik Basu and 2 others
mfb said:
Naming a record would be counter-productive, we don't want to encourage anyone to break it.
Slgh, +10.

• Haha
Likes Frabjous and BillTre
Apologies to all for engaging with (obviously) the sock puppet. I was quite certain I could point out the error of his ways. Sometimes I really do believe it

Likes Frabjous and pinball1970
I must be pretty close to the record by now, Mikey? :cool: (@berkeman)

Likes berkeman
ergospherical said:
I must be pretty close to the record by now, Mikey? :cool: (@berkeman)
You looking for 🥉?

• Love
Likes ergospherical
hutchphd said:
You looking for 🥉?
..., or a chest to pin it on? (Old "raspberry" from the service days.) :wink:

1. What is "User Banned Twice: Record & Frequency"?

"User Banned Twice: Record & Frequency" is a term used to describe a situation where a user has been banned from a platform or community twice. It refers to the frequency of a user's bans and the record of their previous bans.

2. How does a user get banned twice?

A user can get banned twice by violating the rules or terms of a platform or community multiple times. This could include actions such as posting inappropriate content, harassing other users, or engaging in illegal activities.

3. Is it common for a user to be banned twice?

It depends on the platform or community. Some may have stricter rules and enforcement, leading to a higher frequency of bans. However, in general, it is not common for a user to be banned twice.

4. Can a user be unbanned after being banned twice?

It is possible for a user to be unbanned after being banned twice, but it ultimately depends on the platform or community's policies. In some cases, a user may be given a second chance if they show genuine remorse and a willingness to follow the rules in the future.

5. How does "User Banned Twice: Record & Frequency" affect a user's reputation?

Having a record of being banned twice can negatively impact a user's reputation within a community. It may make other users wary of interacting with them and could lead to further consequences if they continue to violate the rules. It is important for users to follow the rules and avoid being banned multiple times to maintain a positive reputation.