Use the Sin Law to find angle C

In summary, to find angle C using the Sin Law, you need to isolate sin(C) by multiplying both sides of the equation by 45. Then, you can use arcsin to find the value of C. This method can be applied to physics questions involving acceleration and change in direction.
TheronSimon

Homework Statement

Use the Sin Law to find angle C

sinC/45 = sin135/92.5

C = 20.1°

How to get from equation to answer :confused:

Physics news on Phys.org
First of all, this should probably be posted in the Math forum. As for how to get the answer, you simply isolate sinC and then use arcsin.

Well, my guess would be to do the algebra indicated, then do the arithmetic!

Since you want to find C, you need to isolate sin(C) by multiplying both sides by 45:
[tex]sin(C)= \frac{45}{92.5}\left(sin(135)\right)[/tex]
Can you do that calculation to find sin(C) and then find C?

alright i got it :) thanks guys, and tal444 its part of a physics question regarding acceleration and change in direction

0.o i see.

Related to Use the Sin Law to find angle C

1. What is the Sin Law?

The Sin Law, also known as the Law of Sines, is a mathematical equation used to find the missing angles or sides of a triangle. It states that the ratio of the length of a side of a triangle to the sine of its opposite angle is equal for all three sides of the triangle.

2. How do I use the Sin Law to find angle C?

To use the Sin Law to find angle C, you will need to know the lengths of two sides of the triangle and the measure of one of the other angles. Then, you can use the formula: sin(C) = (side opposite angle C) / (hypotenuse). Rearrange the equation to solve for angle C.

3. When should I use the Sin Law to find angle C?

The Sin Law is useful when you have a triangle with at least one known angle and the lengths of two sides. It can also be used to solve for missing sides if you have two angles and one side. However, it cannot be used for all types of triangles, such as right triangles.

4. What are some common mistakes when using the Sin Law to find angle C?

One common mistake is using the wrong units for the given measurements. Make sure to convert all measurements to the same units before using the formula. Another mistake is using the wrong values for the known angles or sides. Always double check your calculations to ensure they are accurate.

5. Can the Sin Law be used to find angle C in any triangle?

No, the Sin Law can only be used for triangles that are not right triangles. For right triangles, the Pythagorean Theorem can be used to find the missing angles. Additionally, the Sin Law can only be used if you have enough information about the triangle, such as the lengths of two sides and one angle measure.