What's your least favorite forum?

• Thread starter maximus
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Forum
In summary, the speaker values organized and evidence-based discussions and dislikes forums that lack these qualities. They do not have a specific topic or type of forum that they dislike the most, but they do not appreciate forums that promote hate speech, misinformation, and personal attacks. The speaker handles disagreements or conflicts in a calm and rational manner, using evidence and logical arguments to support their perspective. They also listen to others' opinions and strive to find common ground. While they cannot name any specific forums as the "worst of the worst," they consider those that promote harmful ideologies, discrimination, or violence to be in this category. However, they have also had positive experiences in forums that they initially disliked, usually due to the presence of moderators who enforce rules

what is your least favorite forum? (or the one that you visit the least)

• Astronomy and Cosmology

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mystics and Pseudo Science

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Mathematics

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Philosophy

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Other Sciences

• Physics

• Technology

• Theoretical Physics

• Total voters
maximus
that's just about it...

Physics news on Phys.org
oh, i guess i should add:

and why?

I picked Mystics and Psuedo-Science. It's not that I disapprove of the Forum (or the topic) in any way, I just like it the least.

1. What makes a forum your least favorite?

As a scientist, I value organized and constructive discussions that are backed by evidence and facts. Any forum that lacks these components would be considered my least favorite.

2. Do you have a specific topic or type of forum that you dislike the most?

I do not have a specific topic or type of forum that I dislike the most. My least favorite forums are those that promote hate speech, misinformation, and personal attacks.

3. How do you handle disagreements or conflicts in a forum setting?

As a scientist, I believe in respectful and civil discourse. I try to approach disagreements or conflicts in a calm and rational manner, providing evidence and logical arguments to support my perspective. I also listen to others' opinions and try to find common ground.

4. Are there any specific forums that you would consider the worst of the worst?

I cannot single out any specific forums as the "worst of the worst." However, any forum that promotes harmful ideologies, discrimination, or violence would fall under this category for me.

5. Have you ever had a positive experience in a forum that you initially disliked?

Yes, I have had positive experiences in forums that I initially disliked. This usually happens when the forum has moderators who enforce rules and promote respectful discussions. It is essential to approach all forums with an open mind and be willing to engage in constructive conversations.