Need help showing diagrams

• Thread starter terpsgirl
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Diagrams
In summary: If you want to show a picture of that on graph paper, you'll need a cube w/ sides 5 units in one direction and 16 in the other two. You can also just write "There are 1.5625 cads in a gad."In summary, there are 16 units in a cad and 5 units in a gad. To convert between gads and cads, use the following conversions: 1 cad = 5 gads and 1 gad = 16 cads. To calculate percentages, use the formula: (part/whole) * 100. To convert volume, use the formula: (volume in gads) * (5/16)^3 = volume in c
terpsgirl
Need help showing diagrams...

I am to draw diagrams of:

There are 16 units is a cad and 5 units is a gad:

how many gads in a cad? I know 16/5 = 3.2
how many cads in a gad? I know 5/16 or .3125
One cad is what percent of one gad? 16/5 * 100 = 320
ONe gad is what percent of one cad? 5/16 * 100 = 31.25
I have a pyramid of volume 20 cubic gads, what is the volume in cubic cads? I know 20 * 5 / 16 = 6.25
If my object is 21 gads long, how many cads long is it? I know 21 * 5/ 16 = 6.5625

I am not sure how to show diagrams of this... Please Help! THX

Mathematics news on Phys.org
I'm not sure what kind of "diagram" you want. You might, for example, draw two lines beside one another- one showing a "gad" divided into 5 "units" and the other showing a "cad" divided into 16 "units". The "units" all being the same length, of course. That will guarantee that your "gad" and "cad" have the correct relative lengths.

You didn't, by the way, say that "unit", "gad", and "cad" ARE length measurments: I got that from your reference to volume in cubic gads.

That calculation is WRONG. There is 5/16 cad in a gad but That means that if you had a cube with each side 1 gad in length, each side would have length 5/16 cad so the volume would be (5/16)3 cubic cads. A pyramid (or any other shape solid) with volume 20 gads will convert to (20)(5/16)3 cads.

!

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out for help with your diagrams. I will do my best to explain and provide guidance on how to show these diagrams.

Firstly, let's start with the first question: "How many gads in a cad?" To show this visually, you can draw a rectangle to represent a cad and divide it into 16 equal parts (since there are 16 units in a cad). Then, draw a smaller rectangle inside the larger one to represent a gad and divide it into 5 equal parts (since there are 5 units in a gad). This will help you visualize that there are 3.2 gads in one cad.

For the next question, "How many cads in a gad?" you can use the same diagram and show that there are 0.3125 cads in one gad by dividing the gad rectangle into 16 equal parts and shading 5 of them to represent the 5 units in a gad.

Moving on to the question about one cad being what percent of one gad, you can use the same diagram and label the rectangles with their respective values (16 for cad and 5 for gad). Then, you can use the formula (cad/gad) * 100 to calculate the percentage, which in this case would be 320%.

For the next question, "One gad is what percent of one cad?" you can use the same process as above, but this time the formula would be (gad/cad) * 100, which would give you a percentage of 31.25%.

Lastly, for the question about the pyramid with a volume of 20 cubic gads, you can draw a pyramid shape and label it with the volume (20 cubic gads). Then, using the formula (gad/cad) * 100, you can calculate the volume in cubic cads, which would be 6.25 cubic cads.

Similarly, for the last question about the object being 21 gads long, you can draw a rectangular shape and label it with the length (21 gads). Then, using the formula (gad/cad) * 100, you can calculate the length in cads, which would be 6.5625 cads.

I hope this explanation helps and gives you an idea of how to show these diagrams. If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out. Good luck!

1. How do I create a diagram?

To create a diagram, you can use software such as Microsoft Visio, Lucidchart, or draw.io. These programs offer a variety of tools and templates to help you create professional-looking diagrams.

2. Can I include diagrams in my research paper or presentation?

Yes, diagrams are a great way to visually represent complex information in a research paper or presentation. Make sure to properly cite the source of the diagram and ensure it is relevant to your topic.

3. How do I properly label and annotate my diagrams?

When labeling and annotating your diagrams, make sure to use clear and concise language. Use arrows and text boxes to indicate important information and make sure to include a legend or key if necessary.

4. Can I use diagrams to explain scientific concepts?

Yes, diagrams are a useful tool for explaining scientific concepts. They can help simplify complex ideas and make them easier to understand for a wider audience.

5. Are there any guidelines for creating diagrams in scientific research?

Yes, there are some general guidelines to follow when creating diagrams for scientific research. These include using consistent and appropriate scales, ensuring accurate proportions, and clearly labeling all elements of the diagram.