Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

uploading document

dwsmith

Feb 1, 2012
I tried to upload a pdf file that was an example I made on how to solve pdfs, but I received an error that the file was to large at 768KBs. Before wasn't it a few MB?

Ackbach

Indicium Physicus
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
I tried to upload a pdf file that was an example I made on how to solve pdfs, but I received an error that the file was to large at 768KBs. Before wasn't it a few MB?
Yeah, the current setting is 20 kB for many files!?! Other admins: what's a reasonable file size for various different attachments? Also, given those file sizes, is there a convenient way to compute the height and width pixel sizes for the various picture file types?

CaptainBlack

Jan 26, 2012
Yeah, the current setting is 20 kB for many files!?! Other admins: what's a reasonable file size for various different attachments? Also, given those file sizes, is there a convenient way to compute the height and width pixel sizes for the various picture file types?
How much storage is available for storing such things? I we are currently restricted to a few hundreds of MB we may have to be more restrictive than in the old-country.

CB

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
How much storage is available for storing such things? I we are currently restricted to a few hundreds of MB we may have to be more restrictive than in the old-country.

CB
The hosting package we have claims "unlimited storage" and "unlimited traffic", but I know there are some stipulations in the fine print which I need to read. What do you guys think about uploading larger files, let's say larger than 200-300kb, to 3rd party sites and posting the link here? In the future I am positive we will be upgrading our package to allow more traffic and data for the forum but for now maybe this is a possible solution? If you guys don't like the idea I can increase the upload limit.