Upgrading to ID verified student from MITx

• Thread starter Ahmad Kishki
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Student
In summary, the person is currently taking an edx course on mastering quantum mechanics from MITx and is considering upgrading to an ID verified student for $100. They feel they can follow the course on their own, but want to fix some holes in their understanding. The perk of upgrading is receiving a certificate upon completion, but it is unclear if these certificates are recognized in academic institutions.
Ahmad Kishki
i signed up for my first edx course mastering quantum mechanics from MITx and i am currently considering upgrading to an ID verified student for $100, is it worth it?

I am following nicely through the course, i did most of the stuff as self study (but some concepts had some holes and i am fixing them) so i think i can follow till the end.

Physics news on Phys.org
Ahmad Kishki said:
ID verified student for $100
What is the perk or advantage of doing this?

Greg Bernhardt said:
What is the perk or advantage of doing this?

I will get a certificate after finishing the course - but i don't know if certificates frim edX are recognised in academic intitutions.

Related to Upgrading to ID verified student from MITx

1. What is the process for upgrading to ID verified student from MITx?

The process for upgrading to ID verified student from MITx involves the following steps:

• Click on the "Upgrade to Verified" button on the main page of the course you are enrolled in
  • Follow the instructions to submit a photo of your government-issued ID and a live photo of yourself
  • Complete the payment for the verification fee
  • Wait for confirmation email from edX regarding your upgraded status

2. What are the benefits of upgrading to ID verified student from MITx?

Upgrading to ID verified student from MITx provides several benefits, including:

• Access to a verified certificate upon successful completion of the course
  • Access to graded assignments and exams
  • Increase in credibility and recognition for your course completion
  • Ability to add the verified certificate to your resume or CV

3. Is there a deadline for upgrading to ID verified student from MITx?

Yes, there is a deadline for upgrading to ID verified student from MITx. This deadline is usually a few weeks after the course starts. It is recommended to upgrade as early as possible to ensure access to all course materials and benefits.

4. Can I upgrade to ID verified student from MITx after the course has ended?

No, you cannot upgrade to ID verified student from MITx after the course has ended. The deadline for upgrading is usually a few weeks after the course starts. After this deadline, the option to upgrade will no longer be available.

5. What happens if my verification is not approved?

If your verification is not approved, you will receive an email from edX with further instructions. You may be asked to resubmit your verification materials or provide additional information. If your verification is not approved, you will not receive a verified certificate and will not have access to the benefits of being an ID verified student from MITx.