I heard that someone can go blind from masterbaitng too much

• Thread starter decibel
  • Start date
In summary: i'm so excited for the day when we can all just admit that we do it and not feel self conscious about it, like we do somesex
Is it just me or do we really need to get more women on these boards?

Physics news on Phys.org
Originally posted by Zantra

I think we need more women in general.

I agree, we always need more women.

Well we're scientists dammit, let's use the scientific method to develop a method for getting more women!

hahaha... i bet you guys wouldn't know what to do if there were more women around here. i think i scare yall enough as is :wink:

NO NO we ARE going to continue! MASTURBATION MASTURBATION MASTURBATION!
Yea i will join you with ur masturbating!
In the same room?lol

Originally posted by Zantra
OMG, after reading the level to which this thread has degraded itself too.. Emotional maturity guys! Let's start a thread about feces so that you guys can say the word POO as many times as you want.. unbelievable :S

Originally posted by Gale17
hahaha... i bet you guys wouldn't know what to do if there were more women around here.

Perhaps, but I'd love the opportunity to figure it out.

You go ahead and keep scaring us, Gale. Any time you feel the urge. :)

Originally posted by Monique
Let's start a thread about feces so that you guys can say the word POO as many times as you want.. unbelievable :S
Woooah killer idea Monique!

- Warren

OMG, after reading the level to which this thread has degraded itself too.. Emotional maturity guys! Let's start a thread about feces so that you guys can say the word POO as many times as you want.. unbelievable :S

Only if it can be about urine so we can say WEE and rectums so we can say *tee hee hee* BUM! hehe i said bum. LOL i have no need to worry about scaring girls, because i don't act like i pretend to know something about physics outside of this forum, so i seem normal instead of a nerd :wink: (overkill on smileys!)

Keep it going guys! don't let the cause die!

LONG LIVE MASTURBATION!

Wow, I didn't want to start a protest, are you all going to march on Washington? LOL...That reminds me of a South Park where Cartman pretends to be General Lee(or was it Grant?) and force Clinton to sign a bill to change history so that the Confederacy won and that way Stan and Kyle would become his slaves...man those shows are weird, how do they come up with it?

Yes, this masturbation thread must go on at all costs

I just want to see it become the thread that won't die.

PS, I hate you kyle and stan/

Originally posted by Jonathan
man those shows are weird, how do they come up with it?

what do you mean how? it's easy: tantric masturbation.

Since this is a Physics forum, perhaps we should start a thread about the rings around Uranus and just sit back and watch the giggles start.

LOL...uranus...rings..heheh *beavis and butthead style laughter*

MASTURBATION!

I believe that most myths have a basis in fact. I once read a ststement by an historian that the myth about masturbation causing insanity actually started in assylums, because mental patients tend to masturbate more frequently than most people. Or, more correctly, they are observed to masturbate more frequently than most people. Many mental illnesses manifest themselves in the inability to controll impulse, so when a mentally ill person gets an urge, they tend to act on it without thought to the ramifications of their actions. Less restraint or self-controll, or a lack of any concept of privacy makes one more likely to be observed. But workers in these facilities see the inmates engageing in self-gratification, and the connection seemed obvious enough.

I think the myth about vision-impairment explains itself. Vission tends to become impaired during the actual act.

However, the only health problem ever shown to have a direct causal relationship with masturbation is premature ejaculation. Aside from that, regular release (self-induced or otherwise) has been shown to be benificial for lowering blood-pressure, relieving stress, and, according to a recent study by Masters-n-Johnson, it even decreases the risk of prostate and testicular cancer in men.

AFAIK, however, it has not been shown to have any direct corralation to the risk of prostate or testicular cancer in women.

man those shows are weird, how do they come up with it?

good drugs.

As to masturbation making you blind, I don't think it can permanently blind you, but a bad aim might blind you temporarily.

I have discovered this interesting picture of Newton. Please notice that in this picture he appears to have three hands one of which is engaged in possible self gratification. Kind of helps to explain how he accomplished so much in his life. (Even with one hand busy, he still had two hands free! )

And we can assume he had decent vision because he invented the reflecting telescope and performed many optical experiments.

http://einstein.stanford.edu/STEP/information/data/Newton.jpg

LOL..haha..maybe that's how we developed the lays of gravity

had a question about the usage of the word masturbating.

does it make sense to say "the priest was caught masturbating an alter boy?" I've heard masturbating used in reference to sex acts other than with one's self. is this grammatically correct?

i ask because there's a song by nile called "masturbating the war god" (excellent song, btw) and I'm wondering if it is grammatically incorrect or if the implication is that YOU are the war god. I'm trying to figure out what nile is really getting at.

phoenixthoth: I have no idea, go to http://www.m-w.com and look it up. I won't though, I don't know that they don't keep track of what words are looked up and, probably with cookies, by whom.
Artman: That is a kinda funny picture, did you go out looking for it, or did you look at it and it just hit you that it should be on this thread? If the latter, I don't know how you made that leap, that fact that it is obviously a glove would have made it impossible for me to see any connection between this tread and it.
megashawn et al.: What is with you all? It would never have occurred to me that blindness might be caused that way, and yet several people have brought that up. If I was asked to assume that it was true, and then to provide an explanation, I would have gone for something like it being related to some interaction between hormones, neurotransmitters, and the biochemical processes of vision that would be detrimental to sight or something.

Regarding reduced risk of prostate cancer and testicular cancer in people who say they masturbate, how about this theory:

Everyone masturbates, but only x% of questioned males admit to it. The others feel what they do is bad and needs to be hidden, therefore they do not answer honestly. These same people are more likely to develop cancer because of this inner conflict. If anything has been proven about cancer it is that people who have bad thoughts about themselves and keep these thoughts to themselves are more likely to contract it.

Why has a correlation been observed for only the two types of cancer mentioned in the study? --- I have never actually seen the study, so I don't know, but my guess would be that the author only looked for a correlation with these two types of cancer because anything else would have seemed too far-fetched.

Originally posted by kleinphi
If anything has been proven about cancer it is that people who have bad thoughts about themselves and keep these thoughts to themselves are more likely to contract it.

could you give a reference to that?

also statistically women are less open about their sexuallity than males adn they lie more often but make smaller lies.

Sniper_1:You are aware that it is not possible for women to get testicular and prostate cancer, aren't you?
Guybrush etc.: though what was said was technically true, that is not the reason. It is because our bodies have a use it or lose it tendancy. I have not seen the study that says that people with pent up emotions are less healthy, but I have no doubt it is true. people with pent up emotions are a bazillion times more likely to take part in unhealthy and self destructive behavior, and become addicted to all sorts of things. I bet there are many studies on that (I have none on me though), and that kleinphi's post was referring to these in general.

it is definitely not the case that everyone masurbates. if that were true, it would have interesting implications. the pope. jesus. barbera bush. stephen hawking. the local gentry at your favorite church. women over 90. children under 6 months.

i'm wondering how it's determined what percent of people lie on a questionare.

thats hardly fair on steven hawking, I'm sure that if he could, he would, however married to a supermodel, i doubt he would need to worry much, he has his dream come true!

Anyway, don't you think Steven Hawking is pretentious, i mean, he comes from Kent yet he talks with an American accent lol

Hawking? Supermodel?

- Warren

yeah, isn't Stephen Hawking married to a supermodel or something?

Originally posted by jimmy p
yeah, isn't Stephen Hawking married to a supermodel or something?
Uh, no.

- Warren

Then why did you say that? Why did it even come to mind? Jimmy, you're nuts, do you even know who Steven Hawking is? No, I'm not talking about the accent joke, obviously, but a supermodel?

EDIT: Never mind the first part above, that was referring to a post that has been deleted I guess.

Last edited:
that it was deleted just demonstrates how unpleasant an image it was. i guess it's even more an unpleasant image to have while masturbating. that would have to be like dictionary definition of deviant and sick. when they hook up those electrodes to kobe bryant's genitals to see how aroused he gets from various imagry to see how deviant he is, and hence how long to lock him up, he can always go back to bush and powell making sweet sweet love. i imagine it works even better than baseball or deliverance imagry.

this thread will never die will it?

NEVER!

(No, actually I don't care.)