Unsung Musicians: Share Your Finds!

• Music
  • Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about sharing YouTube videos of unknown musicians who are talented. The participants encourage others to post videos they find noteworthy, regardless of the quality. The conversation also includes a link to a video of the participant's best friend singing a cover. The participant also compliments another video that was shared by Ivan.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Every now and then I spot a YouTube video of some unknown musician who is pretty good. I thought it might be interesting to dedicate a thread to these folks. Please feel free to post if you spot a video that is noteworthy. It doesn't have to be great; just good, in your opinion.

Here is one that I spotted tonight by chance.

Frank Bell - "The Penguin"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeHmeYfXQlI&feature=related

Please limit submissions to one per day, per member.

Last edited:
Science news on Phys.org
This is actually my best friend singing Crazy by Gnarls Barkley, sort of a studio karaoke. He actually usually does this much better but its a decent recording.

And the guy you posted Ivan was really great.

Last edited by a moderator:

I find this idea of sharing unknown musicians to be a great way to discover new talent and promote diversity in the music industry. It is important to support and recognize lesser-known artists as they often bring unique perspectives and styles to the table. By dedicating a thread to these unsung musicians, we can help bring attention to their work and potentially open up new opportunities for them. I encourage everyone to participate in this thread and share their finds, as it can lead to a more diverse and vibrant music community. Additionally, as a scientist, I am always interested in exploring new sounds and styles, and I look forward to seeing what kind of talent emerges from this thread. Thank you for bringing attention to this important topic.

Related to Unsung Musicians: Share Your Finds!

1. Who are these "unsung musicians"?

The term "unsung musicians" refers to talented, lesser-known artists who have not yet gained mainstream recognition or fame. These artists may have a dedicated following, but are not widely known to the general public.

2. How can I share my finds?

You can share your finds by submitting them to the designated platform or community for "Unsung Musicians". This could be through a social media group, a website, or a specific hashtag.

3. Why is it important to share these musicians?

Sharing "unsung musicians" helps to promote and support talented artists who may not have the same level of exposure as mainstream artists. It also allows for a diverse range of music to be discovered and appreciated by a wider audience.

4. Can I share my own music as an unsung musician?

Yes, you can share your own music as an unsung musician. The purpose of this platform is to give exposure to talented artists, regardless of whether they are established or unknown.

5. How can I support these unsung musicians?

You can support unsung musicians by sharing their music with others, attending their concerts or performances, and purchasing their music or merchandise. You can also follow them on social media and engage with their content to help increase their reach and exposure.