Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

[SOLVED] Unread posts

ZaidAlyafey

MHB Math Helper
Jan 17, 2013
I am a little bit confused on the way unread posts are shown here. For example , if I open one of the sections in the forum there seems no indication that there are new posts , moreover there are some threads that are marked 'red' , I still don't know why ?

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
For me, unread topics have their titles displayed in boldface, and I have not noticed any topics marked red.

ModusPonens

Jun 26, 2012
I don't have that problem either.

Sudharaka

MHB Math Helper
Feb 5, 2012
I am a little bit confused on the way unread posts are shown here. For example , if I open one of the sections in the forum there seems no indication that there are new posts , moreover there are some threads that are marked 'red' , I still don't know why ?
Hi Zaid, :)

Can you please take a screenshot and link it here so that we'll have a better idea what it looks like? I presume the threads that you claim to see as marked red are the "hot threads" which have more than about 150 views (not sure about the exact amount).

Unread threads have bold face titles. For example here is a screenshot of what I see. Note that the first thread is unread and there are lots of "hot threads" in this sub-forum.

ZaidAlyafey

MHB Math Helper
Jan 17, 2013
thanks Sudharaka ,I things are clear now :).

Sudharaka

MHB Math Helper
Feb 5, 2012