Equation Sheet on AP Chem Exam: Necessary or Not?

In summary, the conversation was about whether the equation sheet would be given on the multiple choice section or only on the free response part of an upcoming AP Chemistry test. The advice given was to memorize the equations to save time during the exam. The person who took the test later confirmed that the equation sheet was not needed for the multiple choice section.
Swirly_Gryl_25
Just curious (and nervous bc the test is tomorrow) but is the equation sheet given on the multiple choice section or only on the free response part? Thanks for your help!

Chemistry news on Phys.org
I don't take AP Chemistry. But in terms of studying, I'd recommend memorizing all your equations anyway. If you know your equations and don't have to look at the sheet you can finish the Exam faster and take more time to think on the questions.

Good luck on your test!

Thanks for your note but there is no way I can memorize all those equations tonight. I know I'll have the equations on the the free response part and just curious about the multiple choice part. Thanks for the luck and note!

Well, I took my test. Wasn't too bad actually. But for any of you that might have been wondering, the equation sheet was not given on the mulitple choice part of the test but it really wasn't need eigther.

1. How many questions are on the AP Chem Exam (Multi Choice)?

The AP Chem Exam (Multi Choice) contains 60 multiple choice questions.

2. What topics are covered on the AP Chem Exam (Multi Choice)?

The AP Chem Exam (Multi Choice) covers a wide range of topics, including atomic structure, chemical bonding, stoichiometry, thermodynamics, kinetics, equilibrium, acids and bases, electrochemistry, and organic chemistry.

3. How long is the AP Chem Exam (Multi Choice)?

The AP Chem Exam (Multi Choice) is 3 hours and 15 minutes long.

4. Are calculators allowed on the AP Chem Exam (Multi Choice)?

Yes, a scientific or graphing calculator is allowed on the AP Chem Exam (Multi Choice). However, certain models are prohibited, so be sure to check the College Board website for a list of approved calculators.

5. How is the AP Chem Exam (Multi Choice) scored?

The AP Chem Exam (Multi Choice) is scored on a scale from 1 to 5, with 5 being the highest score. The multiple choice section accounts for 50% of the overall score, while the other 50% comes from the free response section.