Universe Moving in Circles? Exploring 4th Dimension

• B
  • Thread starter Vibhu
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Circles
In summary, the conversation discusses the idea of the universe moving in a circular or elliptical motion, possibly on a different dimension of time. The speaker suggests that this may be why humans are unable to control time. They also encourage the other person to further explore their questions and consider the meaning behind them.
Vibhu
Well I was thinking everything is moving in circle or ellipse, is universe also in such motion? If so it may be moving on a different dimension fourth one maybe on time, where time would be a physical quantity, a closed loop on which universe is revolving and repeating every single point as we speak? May be that is why we are unable to control time because we are way too small.

Physics news on Phys.org
I think you should read what you've asked and investigate the meaning of the words you've used. What does it mean to say "everything is moving in circle or ellipse" and is that more true or more poetic. What does it mean to say "the universe is in motion" motion relative to what? What is a "physical quantity" vs a "non-physical quantity" what does that mean?

I'm not challenging you on these things. I think there are answers to some of these questions. But you'll not find meaning in answers until you better understand the meaning of your questions. I sense in your questions a vagueness that would be best remediated by you trying to answer the pre-questions I posed.

Likes davenn, Vibhu and nasu
This kind of "philosophical" musing is not acceptable here.

Thread closed.

1. What is the concept of the Universe Moving in Circles?

The concept of the Universe Moving in Circles refers to the theory that the universe is continuously expanding and contracting in a cyclical pattern. This means that after a period of expansion, the universe will eventually collapse back in on itself, and the cycle will repeat.

2. What is the significance of exploring the 4th dimension in relation to this concept?

Exploring the 4th dimension is significant because it allows us to better understand the nature of space and time in our universe. It also helps us to visualize the cyclical nature of the universe and how it moves in circles through time and space.

3. How do scientists study the concept of the Universe Moving in Circles?

Scientists study this concept through various methods, including observing the cosmic microwave background radiation, which is leftover radiation from the Big Bang. They also use mathematical models and simulations to understand the behavior of the universe.

4. Is there evidence to support the idea of the Universe Moving in Circles?

Yes, there is evidence to support this concept. The discovery of the cosmic microwave background radiation and the observation of the expansion of the universe both provide evidence for the cyclical nature of the universe.

5. What are the potential implications of the Universe Moving in Circles?

If the Universe Moving in Circles theory is correct, it could have significant implications for our understanding of the origins and future of the universe. It could also potentially lead to new discoveries and advancements in our understanding of space and time.