If Jews were Christ killers, Christians would worship a dead God

• Thread starter Loren Booda
  • Start date
In summary, Jesus was a religious figure who, according to the New Testament, alienated many Jews with his teachings. He was also crucified, a punishment for sinners according to many religious beliefs.
Loren Booda
The crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus signified forgiveness first and foremost for his very killers, a mob. Jews, contrarily, share a Faith whose book Christ worshipped, whose bar mitzvah he received, whose people were his own. Was God "killed" just to castigate the Jews?

Does the New Testament give compelling reason why God's Son appeared at a specific time, in a specific place and on a specific planet, as a specific species, with a specific book and language, and with a specific gender? Christian fundamentalists seem to limit God almost as much as atheists.

What happens to those sinners born before John the Baptist, and those dying too young to receive his ablution? Did not Jesus exist in Spirit then as he does now for us?

Physics news on Phys.org
The folk solution to your problem about the good who died before Jesus was the Harowing of Hell; Jesus was said to have gone through Hell during the time he was dead and saved the good. Of course Jesus also remarked - in the parable of Dives and Lazarus - that Abraham was in heaven, so that might be moot.

The Calvinist take on the question was that although those people were personally good, they all suffered from original sin, and therefore were rightly being eternally tormented, so get used to it. And let me tell you about infant depravity...

Bottom line, your assumptions about Jesus aren't everybody's assumptions about Jesus.

first of all jesus christ, as we know him, is a myth. the bible, etc are tools of organized religions.

there probably was a jesus that was a rabbi and preached of a new beginning. he also alienated the jewish elders and romans with his ideas. to see such a personage crucified is not a surprise.

cults are built on far less of a message. why did or does anyone need redemtion? isn't that a concept that was reinvented, if not invented, by christians? i never studied the talmud, but my understanding of judeism does not include 'redemtion'.

i do not recall christ saying that he was a savior or that he was being sacrificed for 'our sins'.

i wonder what myths would exist in 2000 years, had ghandi been killed by the british?

the messages are the same. do we need a structured religion to understand them?

peace,

First prove the dude existed. Then worry about the reasons and consequences.

Loren,

you should know that we no longer have NEW religious discussions. I am sorry, but this will be locked.

1. How could Jews be responsible for killing Jesus if it was the Romans who crucified him?

While it is true that the Romans physically carried out the crucifixion of Jesus, the responsibility for his death has been historically placed on the Jewish people. This is because Jesus was arrested and handed over to the Romans by the Jewish authorities, and it was the Jewish religious leaders who accused him of blasphemy and convinced the Romans to execute him.

2. Why do some people believe that Jews are responsible for killing Jesus?

The belief that Jews are responsible for killing Jesus stems from a misinterpretation of certain passages in the Bible, particularly in the Gospel of Matthew. These passages have been used to perpetuate anti-Semitic ideas and blame the Jewish people for the death of Jesus.

3. How does this belief affect the relationship between Christians and Jews?

This belief has had a significant impact on the relationship between Christians and Jews throughout history. It has led to discrimination, persecution, and violence against the Jewish people, as well as the perpetuation of harmful stereotypes and prejudices.

4. Is this belief still held by Christians today?

While this belief was once widely held by Christians, it is not a belief that is held by all Christians today. Many denominations and leaders within Christianity have denounced this belief and have worked towards promoting understanding and reconciliation between Christians and Jews.

5. How can we move past this harmful belief and promote peace between Christians and Jews?

The first step to promoting peace between Christians and Jews is to acknowledge and reject the harmful belief that Jews are responsible for killing Jesus. Education and open dialogue can also help to promote understanding and break down barriers between the two communities. It is also important for Christians to actively combat anti-Semitism and stand in solidarity with the Jewish people.

Back