Unification of space and matter

In summary, all space in the universe was at one place at one time (the time right before the big bang), and matter simply is space that did not get uncramped. This unifies spacetime and matter energy, and because E=mc^2 all that energy could coalesce into matter. This theory suggests that all matter in the universe is actually space.
thought
if empty space has dark energy. Then if you put a lot of space in one place at once then you would have a lot of energy. Then becuase E=mc^2 all that energy could coalesce into matter. Therefore all matter could be space.

this unifies spacetime and matter energy

this is just a theory and I want to know if it could work or not

Physics news on Phys.org
How about coming up with some ways to test your theory? ("Testable predictions").

How would you go about putting "a lot of space in one place at once"?

I do not know what type of predictions this theory would make which is why I ask

all the space in the universe was at one place at one time (the time right before the big bang) and matter simply is space that did not get uncramped.

p.s.

not all "matter" is not still the same way as it was during the big bang. However all processes of bringing matter together still works with my theory

thought said:
I do not know what type of predictions this theory would make which is why I ask
all the space in the universe was at one place at one time (the time right before the big bang) and matter simply is space that did not get uncramped.

You may want to re-read and understand in better detail the various Big Bang Models. For instance, you need to understand GR's concept of spacetime. All "space in the universe was at one place at one time" is terribly wrong, because this already assume that there is such a thing as "one place at one time", and everything is there. This is absurd when spacetime didn't exist yet!

I would also strongly suggest you read again the PF guidelines regarding overly speculative posting, in case you missed it the first time around.

Zz.

thought said:
I do not know what type of predictions this theory would make which is why I ask.

You really ought to think about the issue some more. Note that Physics Forums currently has a separate forum for people who are proposing their own theories, as opposed to discussing standard, accepted theories. This is the independent research forum.

The independent research forum has some fairly stringent guidelines, including that the theory must be well worked out enough for it to actually make predictions. If your theory isn't this far along, you'll need to develop it to the point where it can do this, in order for it to be taken seriously.

Note that this is a general requirement for any scientific theory, not just a particular arbitrary requirement of this board. If a theory isn't worked out well enough to make testable predictions, it is not yet a scientific theory. It may become one with more time, work, and effort on the part of the theory originator at some later date, but until it can make testable predictions, a theory has not matured to the point where public discussion will be very profitable.

Related to Unification of space and matter

1. What is the unification of space and matter?

The unification of space and matter refers to the idea that space and matter are not separate entities, but are instead interconnected and influence each other in various ways. This concept is central to theories of physics and cosmology, and attempts to explain the fundamental nature of the universe.

2. Why is unifying space and matter important?

Unifying space and matter is important because it allows us to better understand the fundamental workings of the universe. By understanding how space and matter interact, we can gain insights into the origins of the universe, the behavior of matter on both a microscopic and cosmic scale, and potentially even find new ways to manipulate and utilize matter for our benefit.

3. How do scientists study the unification of space and matter?

Scientists study the unification of space and matter through a variety of methods, including theoretical models, laboratory experiments, and observations of the natural world. These approaches allow scientists to test and refine their understanding of how space and matter interact and ultimately work towards a unified theory.

4. What are some current theories on the unification of space and matter?

Some current theories on the unification of space and matter include string theory, loop quantum gravity, and supersymmetry. These theories attempt to explain the fundamental nature of the universe by incorporating both space and matter into a single framework.

5. What are the potential implications of a successful unification of space and matter?

A successful unification of space and matter could have significant implications for our understanding of the universe and could potentially lead to advancements in technology and our ability to manipulate matter. It could also provide a deeper understanding of the fundamental laws of physics and potentially bridge the gap between quantum mechanics and general relativity.