Understanding the reasoning of this answer

In summary, to improve your understanding of the reasoning behind a given answer, it is important to carefully read and analyze the question, break down the answer into smaller components, and seek guidance from others. Understanding the reasoning behind an answer is important because it allows for a deeper understanding of concepts, improves problem-solving skills, and can be useful in everyday life. If you don't understand the reasoning behind an answer, it's helpful to identify and research the specific aspect you are struggling with and engage in discussions to clarify any confusion.
Abhishek11235
Homework Statement
This is exercise from Morin's book of classical mechanics(Q-12.14 in screenshot 2). He asks to calculate force in 2 different frames. I got the answer and it matches with the solution provided(Screenshot 3). However,the forces in 2 frames must be equal since longitudinal components of force are same. Morin provides explanation for this paradox which completely goes over my understanding(Screenshot 1). Can anybody help me in understanding the reasoning of paradox?
Relevant Equations
N.A
N.A

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-04-27-09-33-47.png
    Screenshot_2019-04-27-09-33-47.png
    50 KB · Views: 260
  • Screenshot_2019-04-27-09-34-12.png
    Screenshot_2019-04-27-09-34-12.png
    51.8 KB · Views: 276
  • Screenshot_2019-04-27-09-33-15.png
    Screenshot_2019-04-27-09-33-15.png
    25.6 KB · Views: 263
Physics news on Phys.org
Please be more considerate when seeking assistance. It would help us help you if you posted the actual statement of the problem, not your synopsis of it. For example, although I can guess that it involves a relativistic calculation and I understand what ##\gamma## stands for, I have no idea what ##\sigma## is all about and I don't want to guess how it is defined. It would also help to show the "above" as in "##\dots##we have seen above that it is ## \gamma^2 \sigma v ...##"

Last edited:

Related to Understanding the reasoning of this answer

1. What does "understanding the reasoning of this answer" mean?

Understanding the reasoning of this answer means being able to comprehend the thought process behind the answer given. It involves understanding the logical steps and evidence used to arrive at the conclusion.

2. Why is it important to understand the reasoning of an answer?

Understanding the reasoning of an answer is important because it allows for a deeper understanding of the concept or problem being discussed. It also helps in identifying any flaws or errors in the reasoning and can lead to finding alternative solutions.

3. How can one improve their ability to understand the reasoning of an answer?

One can improve their ability to understand the reasoning of an answer by actively listening and asking questions. It also helps to break down the answer into smaller parts and analyze each step individually. Additionally, practicing critical thinking skills can also improve one's ability to understand reasoning.

4. Is understanding the reasoning of an answer necessary for all subjects?

Yes, understanding the reasoning of an answer is necessary for all subjects as it promotes critical thinking and problem-solving skills. It allows for a deeper understanding of the subject matter and can lead to more effective learning.

5. Can understanding the reasoning of an answer change the answer itself?

Yes, understanding the reasoning of an answer can potentially change the answer itself. By critically analyzing the reasoning, one may find flaws or alternative solutions that can lead to a different answer. It also allows for a deeper understanding of the topic, which may change one's perspective and ultimately lead to a different answer.