Understanding Quantum Tic Tac Toe & Event Horizon

In summary, the conversation discusses the topic of quantum physics and specifically the concept of an event horizon. The person asking the questions was not allowed to link to a specific source and was seeking information about a game called quantum tic tac toe. The conversation also touches on the concept of superposition and the complexity of the game. The conversation also mentions the strictness of the forum in regards to linking sources.
melrose
can anyone help me understand it?

also, does an event horizon only refer to black holes?

Physics news on Phys.org
I wasnt allowed to link to it. I wasn't trying to spam. I just wanted to know if anyone has played it...and to explain it to me...
this forum is strict hu?

What do you mean you weren't allowed to link to it? Did someone delete your link? Personally, I've never heard of quantum tic tac toe, so cannot help you with that.

Your second question is to do with relativity, not quantum physics-- you should avoid asking unrelated questions in the same thread. However, to answer it, no; event horizons are not only related to black holes. An event horizon is defined as a boundary beyond which an event cannot affect an observer.

Last edited:
melrose said:
I wasnt allowed to link to it. I wasn't trying to spam. I just wanted to know if anyone has played it...and to explain it to me...
this forum is strict hu?

If you don't not wish to make an effort to elaborate on what you are asking, at the very least, make an exact reference to what you are referring to (no personal website or crackpot sites, please). Otherwise, don't expect any rational answer.

Zz.

melrose said:
can anyone help me understand it?

also, does an event horizon only refer to black holes?

You can find more in American Journal of Physics -- November 2006 -- Volume 74, Issue 11, pp. 962-973.

But you might have well been asking about the concept of superposition in QM. The answer would cover more or less the same topics.

marlon

I found it ...

I found what I was looking for ...a paper about it." a teaching metaphor"
it was about superposition

basically quantum tic tac toe is about superposition and it is cyclical and self-referential and has a game tree with dead ends... all very interesting

Related to Understanding Quantum Tic Tac Toe & Event Horizon

1. What is Quantum Tic Tac Toe?

Quantum Tic Tac Toe is a variation of the classic game of Tic Tac Toe, but with the added element of quantum mechanics. Instead of playing on a traditional 3x3 grid, players can place their X or O pieces on a superposition of multiple spaces, making the game more complex and strategic.

2. How is Quantum Tic Tac Toe related to quantum computing?

Quantum Tic Tac Toe is often used as a way to introduce the concepts of quantum computing and quantum mechanics. The game utilizes principles such as superposition and entanglement, which are also fundamental concepts in quantum computing.

3. What is the significance of the Event Horizon in Quantum Tic Tac Toe?

The Event Horizon is a special space on the Quantum Tic Tac Toe grid that allows players to collapse the quantum state of their pieces and make them "classical" (either X or O). It represents a critical point in the game where players must make strategic decisions based on the quantum state of their pieces.

4. How does understanding Quantum Tic Tac Toe and Event Horizon relate to real-world applications?

Quantum Tic Tac Toe and the concept of the Event Horizon have applications in fields such as quantum cryptography and quantum communication. They also help to illustrate the complexities and potential applications of quantum mechanics in various technologies.

5. Is it possible to win or lose in Quantum Tic Tac Toe?

Yes, it is possible to win or lose in Quantum Tic Tac Toe just like in the classic game. However, because of the added element of quantum mechanics, the game can also result in a tie or a "quantum draw" where both players have equal chances of winning. This adds a new level of strategy and unpredictability to the game.