Understanding Oxygen Pump Function | NGK 2008 News and Image

In summary, the conversation revolves around the question of how oxygen pumps work and whether or not oxygen molecules can be pumped directly or if they need to be converted to ions first. The discussion also briefly touches on the topic of rare earth elements and their connection to zirconia. The answer to the main question is not explicitly given, but it can be inferred that platinum is required to convert oxygen molecules to ions before they can be pumped.
Chemistry news on Phys.org
lol the website says Zr is a rare Earth metal. That is such a confusing way to say Zr is rare.

I think you are confusing oxygen anion and oxygen molecules.

HAYAO said:
the website says Zr is a rare Earth metal. That is such a confusing way to say Zr is rare.

Nothing confusing here (and no, they don't mean it is rare).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rare_earth_element

anything about my actual question please?

Borek said:
Nothing confusing here (and no, they don't mean it is rare).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rare_earth_element
My research is Rare Earths so don't worry, I know these stuff.

I meant that Zr is not rare Earth elements. However, I suspected that most likely the author of the website meant that Zr is just simply an element that is rare, which I thought would cause confusion among those who don't know much about what "Rare Earth" really means.

physea said:
anything about my actual question please?
HAYAO said:
I think you are confusing oxygen anion and oxygen molecules.

what do you mean exactly?
It is not possible to pump oxygen molecules from a gas chamber?
Or platinum is required to convert them to ions and then to pump them?

anyone?

Related to Understanding Oxygen Pump Function | NGK 2008 News and Image

1. What is the primary function of an oxygen pump?

The primary function of an oxygen pump is to circulate and deliver oxygen to various parts of the body, including the lungs, heart, and other organs, for proper functioning and metabolism.

2. How does an oxygen pump work?

An oxygen pump works by using mechanical force to compress and push oxygen-rich air into a system of tubes, which then transports the oxygen to the desired location. The pump also filters the air to remove any impurities before delivering it to the body.

3. What are the key components of an oxygen pump?

The key components of an oxygen pump include a motor, a compressor, a filter, and a delivery system. The motor provides the necessary energy to drive the pump, while the compressor compresses the air. The filter removes any impurities, and the delivery system transports the oxygen to the desired location.

4. How does an oxygen pump help in medical treatments?

An oxygen pump is commonly used in medical treatments to assist patients with respiratory issues or those who have difficulty breathing. It can also be used during surgeries when the patient needs extra oxygen to maintain proper oxygen levels in the body.

5. Can an oxygen pump be used for recreational purposes?

Yes, an oxygen pump can be used for recreational purposes, such as scuba diving and high-altitude activities, where there is a reduced oxygen supply. The pump can provide a continuous flow of oxygen to help individuals breathe more comfortably and safely in these situations.