Understanding Electric Motor Theory for First Timers

• Thread starter australianschoolkid
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Timer
In summary, the conversation is about a first timer seeking help with understanding the theory behind electric motors. They are conducting an experiment with water and a turbine, and are looking for an explanation on how spinning a motor in the opposite direction can produce current. The answer is electromagnetism and the user has been directed to a resource on this topic.
australianschoolkid
First timer needs help! With theory of electric motors

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone could please explain (or redirect me to) the basic theory in how by spinning a motor in its opposite direction, it produces current. I am conducting an experiment on the amount of current that can be obtained from water running down drain down pipes, this water hits a turbine, which spins it in the motor in a opposite direction, thus producing current.

ANY help at all would be greatly appreciated :smile:
Cheers matt.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
ok will have a look thanks!

Related to Understanding Electric Motor Theory for First Timers

What do I need to know as a first timer?

As a first timer, it is important to familiarize yourself with the basic principles and procedures of the specific field of science you are working in. This includes understanding the scientific method, terminology, and safety protocols.

How can I find help as a first timer?

There are many resources available for first timers, such as textbooks, online tutorials, and scientific community forums. You can also reach out to experienced scientists or mentors for guidance and advice.

What are common mistakes made by first timers?

Some common mistakes made by first timers include not following proper protocols and procedures, lack of attention to detail, and not asking for help when needed. It is important to be thorough and meticulous in your work as a scientist.

How can I improve my skills as a first timer?

One of the best ways to improve your skills as a first timer is to gain hands-on experience through internships, research projects, or volunteer work. It is also important to continuously educate yourself and stay updated on advancements in your field of science.

How can I stay organized and on track as a first timer?

As a first timer, it can be overwhelming to keep track of all the information and data you are working with. Utilizing tools such as spreadsheets, note-taking systems, and project management software can help you stay organized and on track with your work.