Understanding Body Heat Wavelength: FAQ and Applications

In summary, the conversation discusses various aspects of body heat and its wavelength. It is mentioned that visible light has a wavelength range of 400nm - 700nm, and the question is raised whether body heat has a wavelength above 700nm. The conversation also touches on the wavelength range of body heat and whether infrared cameras are made with Avalanche Photo Diodes. The topic of current arcing and its visibility is also brought up, with a question about the suitability of avalanche photo diodes for visible light. The conversation concludes with a mention of black-body radiation and its connection to human body radiation, as well as a question about the control of matter through mental means.
Robismyname
Can someone explain to me what is the wavelength of body heat?

Since visible light is between 400nm - 700nm. Is body heat wavelength above 700nm?

What is the wavelength range of body heat in respects to nm or m?

And lastly are Infrared cameras made with Avalanche Photo Diodes? like the one attached?

http://www.lasercomponents.com/de/?...nsreport/avalanche-photodiodes.pdf&no_cache=1

Also i have a question about current arcing. Since arcing is visible would a avalanche photo diode be suitable for visible light as well?

Last edited:
Science news on Phys.org
If mass and energy are the same why can we mentally control matter?

or can't control matter?

You can. I am doing it as I type this...mentally controlling my fingers.

Related to Understanding Body Heat Wavelength: FAQ and Applications

1. What is body heat wavelength?

Body heat wavelength refers to the infrared radiation emitted by the human body. This radiation can be measured in microns and is a form of electromagnetic energy that is not visible to the human eye.

2. Why is understanding body heat wavelength important?

Understanding body heat wavelength is important for various applications, such as thermal imaging, medical diagnostics, and energy conservation. It can also provide insights into human physiology and health.

3. How is body heat wavelength measured?

Body heat wavelength can be measured using specialized equipment, such as thermal cameras or infrared thermometers. These devices detect and measure the amount of infrared radiation emitted by the body.

4. What are some practical applications of understanding body heat wavelength?

Body heat wavelength has many practical applications, including identifying areas of heat loss in buildings, detecting fever or inflammation in medical settings, and improving athletic performance through monitoring body temperature.

5. Can body heat wavelength be affected by external factors?

Yes, body heat wavelength can be affected by external factors such as clothing, ambient temperature, and physical activity. These factors can alter the amount of infrared radiation emitted by the body and therefore affect its wavelength.