Understanding alarm clock description

• Thread starter ehrenfest
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Clock
In summary: I see now! So it has nothing to do with an extra spacetime dimension like I originally thought. :smile:
ehrenfest
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000EX7LNM/?tag=pfamazon01-20

Dual power and dual time features. Our SB200ss clock comes with a 110 volt power supply, will work with 220 volt transformers. Clock also has two switches one allowing user to switch from 50Hz 110 volts to 60Hz 220 volts. This feature keeps proper time with 110 or 220 volts. Another switch allow user to select 12/24 hour time.

Can someone please explain to me what this means? What is "dual power and dual time"? Will it plug into my outlet or not (I have the type of outlet that is ubiquitous in the United States)? What is meant by "keeps proper time with 110 or 220 volts"?

Computer science news on Phys.org
ehrenfest said:
Can someone please explain to me what this means? What is "dual power and dual time"? Will it plug into my outlet or not (I have the type of outlet that is ubiquitous in the United States)? What is meant by "keeps proper time with 110 or 220 volts"?

Hi ehrenfest! :smile:

It just means that in some countries the mains power supply is 220V instead of 110V, and 60Hz instead of 50Hz.

The different Hz would affect the rate of the clock (so "dual time"), and the different V would damage the thing!

This item has a switch which changes it safely and accurately from one type to the other. :smile:

tiny-tim said:
Hi ehrenfest! :smile:

It just means that in some countries the mains power supply is 220V instead of 110V, and 60Hz instead of 50Hz.

The different Hz would affect the rate of the clock (so "dual time"), and the different V would damage the thing!

This item has a switch which changes it safely and accurately from one type to the other. :smile:

I see now! So it has nothing to do with an extra spacetime dimension like I originally thought. :smile:

Related to Understanding alarm clock description

1. What is an alarm clock?

An alarm clock is a timekeeping device that is designed to make a loud noise at a specific time to wake up the user. It typically has a clock face, alarm settings, and a snooze button.

2. How does an alarm clock work?

An alarm clock works by using a clock mechanism to keep track of time. When the set alarm time is reached, a circuit is completed and causes the alarm to sound. Some alarm clocks also have a backup battery in case of power outages.

3. What are the different types of alarm clocks?

There are several types of alarm clocks, including analog clocks with hands, digital clocks with LED or LCD displays, and smart alarm clocks that can be controlled with a smartphone or voice commands. There are also specialty alarm clocks for specific purposes, such as sunrise simulators or vibrating alarm clocks for individuals with hearing impairments.

4. How do I set the alarm on my alarm clock?

The process for setting an alarm on an alarm clock can vary depending on the type and model. Generally, you will need to locate the alarm button or switch and use the clock's buttons or dials to set the desired time. Refer to the user manual for specific instructions for your alarm clock.

5. Can I use my alarm clock as a regular clock?

Yes, most alarm clocks can also function as a regular clock. You can simply turn off the alarm setting and use it to display the time like a traditional clock. Some alarm clocks even have additional features such as temperature display, radio, or phone charging capabilities.