Uncovering Drassic's Secret Engagement Plan

• Thread starter Andre
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Plan
In summary, Andre proposed to his girlfriend after making her a hand-painted Valentines Day card 38 years ago.
Andre
I shared this story with friends earlier about how my daughter got her engagement ring and I think it's worth pasting it here.

Anyway, her Bf 'Drassic' had been acting strange for several weeks, doing things a little bit in secrecy for weeks, and he always was short on money, with all kind of excuses and he was away often, apparently to D&D with some friends but she bumped into one of these friends, which busted his excuse. So she was a bit uneasy about what was going on.

So last weekend they were on a student clubs event, that she organized. And then Drassic asked if it was okay to show a short movie that he had made with friends. Enrunwen was surprized but okay.

So the movie was about two private detectives who got a phone call from Enrunwen (a stand in - obviously she had no idea) telling that her BF had been acting strange for several weeks, doing things a little bit in secrecy for weeks, and he always was short on money, with all kind of excuses and he was away often, apparently to D&D with some friends but she bumped into one of these friends, which busted his excuse. So she was a bit uneasy about what was going on and she hired the PD's to follow Drasic to find out what he was up to.

So they followed him and found out that he had a secret meeting with a dark creepy figure, and later as, they saw that he had a lot of money and that he was having a secret meeting with that guy, where he handed him the money to get a suitcase in return. It so looked like a drugs deal.

So at that point the PD's decided to catch Drasic and some hilarious slap stick pursuit followed. In the end they caught him. At that point the movie ended; but the story continued. The lights went on and the PD's dragged Drassic with the suitcase into the theater with a lot of noise. They handed that to the very surprised Enrunwen, telling that whatever his behavior and the money was all about, was in the suitcase.

So, she went over the contents (mostly rubbish), while Drassic kept fighting the PD's. Finally she found the little case with the ring. At that point Drassic went on his knees and proposed in front of all the people. The look on her face was priceless. It was by far the cutest scene I have ever seen. Obviously this scene was also filmed and it was pasted later behind the original film. Really brilliantly done.

Maybe an idea, any other original ways to propose?

Physics news on Phys.org
I told my wife to be that I loved her and asked her if she would marry me. No good?

Jimmy Snyder said:
I told my wife to be that I loved her and asked her if she would marry me. No good?

Best One.

My wife-to-be and I had lived together for about 6 months. I made her a hand-painted Valentines Day card, and by Feb 28 we were were married. That was 38 years ago.

That's pretty cool. Reminds me of something like this:

Last edited by a moderator:
In recent news...
http://www.news.com.au/technology/sci-tech/physicists-scientific-proposal-study-examines-why-girlfriend-should-say-yes/story-fn5fsgyc-1226584822894

Nice proposal, Andre. Sounds like she has a very nice fiance.

That's nice! :smile:

1. What is "Uncovering Drassic's Secret Engagement Plan" about?

"Uncovering Drassic's Secret Engagement Plan" is a scientific research project that aims to reveal the strategies and tactics used by Drassic, an ancient civilization, to plan and execute their engagements with other societies.

2. Why is it important to study Drassic's engagement plan?

Studying Drassic's engagement plan can provide valuable insights into the social, political, and cultural dynamics of ancient civilizations. It can also help us understand how societies interacted and negotiated with each other in the past, which can inform our understanding of present-day international relations.

3. How will the research be conducted?

The research will involve a multidisciplinary approach, combining historical and archaeological evidence, as well as scientific methods such as data analysis and computer simulations. It will also involve collaboration with experts in various fields, such as anthropology, sociology, and linguistics.

4. What are the potential outcomes of this research?

This research can potentially lead to a better understanding of Drassic's engagement plan and its impact on their society and other civilizations. It can also contribute to the development of new theories and methodologies in the field of ancient studies. Moreover, the findings can have practical applications in modern-day conflict resolution and diplomacy.

5. Are there any ethical considerations in studying Drassic's engagement plan?

Yes, there are ethical considerations in conducting this research, particularly in terms of respecting the cultural heritage and privacy of the descendants of the Drassic civilization. Therefore, the research will be conducted with the utmost sensitivity and in collaboration with relevant stakeholders.